Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TV Coverage Re fish Farms Today From Quadra Island  (Read 9267 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: TV Coverage Re fish Farms Today From Quadra Island
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 10:24:30 PM »

CTV coverage, third story down. Not sure how long this link stays on CTV's web site.

http://www.ctvvancouverisland.ca/

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:41:09 AM »

http://video.cheknews.ca/services/player/bcpid1011606683001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAA4mHNTzE~,ejlzBnGUUKY1gXVPwEwEepl35Y795rND&bclid=975107450001&bctid=1496548197001

At 01:50 in the above video morton publicly admits that it is not confirmed ISAv the European strain by saying to the Norwegian " i want you to know this if it is found to be the European strain of ISAv there will be lawsuits".

Caught in a lie again I would say.

How come she isn't standing behind her huge press release where she, once again falsely informs the public the ISAv europe has been confirmed in bc?

Shining her true colors.

Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 10:41:54 AM »

At 01:50 in the above video morton publicly admits that it is not confirmed ISAv the European strain by saying to the Norwegian " i want you to know this if it is found to be the European strain of ISAv there will be lawsuits".

Caught in a lie again I would say.

How come she isn't standing behind her huge press release where she, once again falsely informs the public the ISAv europe has been confirmed in bc?

Shining her true colors.

I think you're trying to connect dots when there are no dots to connect.  It was Dr Kibenge that tested the salmon and found the European strain of ISAv in west coast salmon. Any comments that Morton has made regarding ISAv have been based on tests made by qualified scientists.

As we all have learned, a disease in Canada is not a disease until CFIA says it is a disease. However based on information shown at the Cohen commission, CFIA is not going to admit ISAv is here, because that would mean they are "losing the PR war".
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 10:57:43 AM »

Just one second.....  I have to put on an old pair of waders to wade through your BS AF... 

She calls it the European strain of ISA over and over and over right from the get go.  Now she isn't so sure.  Typical morton  imo.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
Take the T out of Morton.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 04:23:36 PM »

YAWN......did you see the size of that crowd, her message is really getting across.......not..... :D
???

The message is already out, the Cohen Inquiry extension for 3 days looking into ISA and fish farm issue would never have happened without Alex. As well all the awareness of this issue she has brought to light for many (some) of us. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 04:28:06 PM by chris gadsden »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 05:02:14 PM »

Hope Alex is proud she has contributed to the Canadian taxpayers cost of an estimated $25 M to fund the Cohen lawyer enrichment fund ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 05:15:39 PM »

Hope Alex is proud she has contributed to the Canadian taxpayers cost of an estimated $25 M to fund the Cohen lawyer enrichment fund ;D
Money well spent to protect our wild salmon from those spending their lives in pens. ::)

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 06:42:30 PM »

Money well spent to protect our wild salmon from those spending their lives in pens.

Sounds Like PETA

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 06:48:17 PM »

Giving that kind of credit to Morton is rather pretentious on your part. If DFO had of done a little research before allowing the feedlots into our oceans, there probably would have been no need for a Cohen inquiry.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 07:20:10 PM »

Sounds Like PETA
Maybe because my cousin's cousin is Pamela Anderson. ???

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 10:32:50 PM »

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals, been a member for years now.... :D
Take the T out of Morton.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 11:34:35 PM »

I do not want to say that the inquiry was a total waste of time, but when I look back over the past year I believe those millions of dollars spent on legal fees alone could have been put to better use keeping many projects away from the chopping block.  The inquiry is likely going to have recommendations, but they will mean little if there are not the people or the resources to carry them out.  I totally agree with Dave on this.  Money well spent protecting wild salmon?  Really?  What is getting protected are some self interests in salmon ranching, commercial fishing and appeasing a general public to make it seem like something is being done.  It is also making some rich lawyers and making some environmentalists seem larger than life.  In the meantime, biologists and technicians scape by with minimal resources - caught between an angry public looking for answers and thankless government bent on slashing budgets.  That is what is going on.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:37:23 PM by shuswapsteve »

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 07:00:44 AM »

I do not want to say that the inquiry was a total waste of time, but when I look back over the past year I believe those millions of dollars spent on legal fees alone could have been put to better use keeping many projects away from the chopping block.  The inquiry is likely going to have recommendations, but they will mean little if there are not the people or the resources to carry them out.  I totally agree with Dave on this.  Money well spent protecting wild salmon?  Really?  What is getting protected are some self interests in salmon ranching, commercial fishing and appeasing a general public to make it seem like something is being done.  It is also making some rich lawyers and making some environmentalists seem larger than life.  In the meantime, biologists and technicians scape by with minimal resources - caught between an angry public looking for answers and thankless government bent on slashing budgets.  That is what is going on.