Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: streamtread  (Read 2429 times)

Casey Martin

streamtread
« on: January 19, 2012, 03:34:09 PM »

wondering if those of you who now use streamtread could say your thoughts on it and how it compares to felt proformance wise in and out of the river.

Matt

• Old Timer
Re: streamtread
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 04:04:41 PM »

Streamtread alone isn't adequate to be safe on most rivers.  Streamtread + star cleats perform similar to felt, just don't step on your fly line.

bigblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 06:47:41 PM »

Streamtread alone isn't adequate to be safe on most rivers.  Streamtread + star cleats perform similar to felt, just don't step on your fly line.

X2

oni_kage

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 10:25:02 PM »

I tried some g4 boots for the first time the other day in the Cheakamus and I have to say with the star cleats it is alright. But walking around all day on the cleats are a bit uncomfortable as it feels 'hard' with each step. It is manageable but I am sure felt feels better.

Simms recently started offering felt again in a new boot, I wonder why they decided to backtrack from their original initiative.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:26:33 PM by oni_kage »

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 12:49:57 AM »

probably because Korkers was out selling them with their interchangeable soles giving you the option of felt, rubber, studded of either just by swapping them out
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/