Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Id Like to post a concerining report from jan 13th. Hopedale train bridge.  (Read 3329 times)

Brian the fisherman

I found some guys who seemed very upset. Yelling. not at each other though... at a situation they uncovered. I asked them whats up and they explained that they found a 9 pound doe wild. caught on some logs under the water. still chrome and freshish. 1-2 days max. It was slit open and the roe was missing.  on the yarrow side of the bridge. So i raced down to see if it was still there. which it was. other fisherman were shocked just as everyone was.
I will post pictured once i get my cell phone cord back from my parents.

I just don't understand why someone would do that.
just ridiculous.  ???
Anyone else see this ?
Tight lines to all

DanJohn

• First Brookie!

Absolutely retarded. I remember the same type of ordeal with.. either a chum or a coho earlier this season. At least those fish are a lot more abundant than a wild steelhead. Well, although you dont state its a steelhead, I will wager a guess that it is.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

Brian the fisherman

oh sorry, it was a steelhead doe.
Tight lines to all

chronic_topdawg

I seen that fish just ridiculous,  Just under the bridge on the rocks .  Such an active spot I am supprised.  I also noticed a dead trout 10 feet up from the doe.  Couldnt have been there longer than a day.  We have to defend our resourse, cause our goverment isnt.

silver ghost

• Old Timer

That's disgusting. One would think those who harvest roe from coho and chum wouldn't be out fishing for steel... But it seems like they are

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer

Before jumping to conclusion that someone just slit this fish for its berrys, has anyone thought maybe it was a dead one seen floating in the river possibly dieing from being hooked or whatever and someone just took the roe out of the fish because it was allready dead??? If it was indeed killed for the roe though there is a major issue out there with poaching.

JPW

What time did you see this, because myself and a couple buddies saw a very fresh wild doe hung up on logs in that area around 10am, but it wasn't slit open.  Wondering if it was the same fish or another dead wild one  :(

DanJohn

• First Brookie!

Before jumping to conclusion that someone just slit this fish for its berrys, has anyone thought maybe it was a dead one seen floating in the river possibly dieing from being hooked or whatever and someone just took the roe out of the fish because it was allready dead??? If it was indeed killed for the roe though there is a major issue out there with poaching.
Yes, but then we would have nothing to bitch about, and thats no fun at all!
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

Carich980

I'm surprised a local spey guy didn't pick it up... guess cause it was wild.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:32:26 PM by Carich980 »

silver ghost

• Old Timer

LOL!!!! I was thinking the same ahahah