Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213705 times)

HOOK

• Old Timer

ok i dont know what the hell you guys were seeing. I left Surrey at 630 am and it didnt now at all my entire way to Chilliwack and the main roads were clear except in the 'wack where they were slushy with only tracks to follow but thats easy to drive in  ::)

water is really nice though  ;D

I only saw 1 car in the ditch on hwy 1(east bound) between 200th and Chilliwack as well so im not sure where these cars were  ??? saw 3 in the ditch on my way home however and a spot where one had been pulled out earlier (west bound hwy 1)

I think a few of you were exaggerating so people would stay home. It didnt work !!! there was quite a few guys out there
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Chilliwack River's steelhead broodstock capturing program starts on Monday. Here's a brief overview of what it is all about for those who are unfamiliar with the program.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/articles/fishery_issues/chilliwack_river_steelhead_brood_collection_program.html

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

I think a few of you were exaggerating so people would stay home. It didnt work !!! there was quite a few guys out there

Hey Hook

Maple Ridge-Mission was sketchy at 5:45 as was the roads from Mission-Abbotsford. The #1 was not too bad but there was more then 1 car in the ditch. Lickman Rd was also not plowed so that was a slow go and yes we did have snow tires on.

As for guys on the river, I dont know were you where fishing but we hardly saw anybody all day which was really nice. Even in the afternoon we went down to some of the more popular places and still nobody around.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

A bit of snow out here over night, roads will be very slippery.  Supposed to snow more today as well... if you're coming out be careful. :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Big Steel

• Old Timer

Update... snowing pretty heavy on the Wack right now..... ;D

BentRodsGuiding

• Bent Rods Guiding & Fishing

From the Bent Rods weather desk, snowing with a chance of Steelhead.
Fraser River Sturgeon, Salmon and Steelhead www.bentrods.ca

Big Steel

• Old Timer

From the Bent Rods weather desk, snowing with a chance of Steelhead.
;)  I think I'll take that chance....... ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I think I will shovel the driveway instead, about 4 inches here at the present.

penn

Lot's of snow forecast for today . And more for for the rest of the week too .
 http://weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/bc-24_metric_e.html

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Drove to langley, only to find out no one else could make it. Mt Lehman was the worse, Chilliwack wasnt as bad. Saw two 4x4 and a semi flipped between 630 and 7. Time to go fishing.
The Bigger The Better!

silver ghost

• Old Timer

Heading out tomorrow without snow tires or four wheel drive. How bad is this idea? I'm sure the lower river roads will be cleared...confirm/deny?

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer

Well lets see theres a snowfall warning in effect for the Fraser Valley calling for 10-15 additional cm from what felll on the weeekend and earlier today. With there being dozens and dozens of abandoned vehicles on the freeway in ditches and upside down you can be the judge.....

silver ghost

• Old Timer

Well lets see theres a snowfall warning in effect for the Fraser Valley calling for 10-15 additional cm from what felll on the weeekend and earlier today. With there being dozens and dozens of abandoned vehicles on the freeway in ditches and upside down you can be the judge.....

sounds like the river will be quiet tomorrow  ;D

Casey Martin

went out there today from maple ridge , roads wernt that bad, only about 5 or 6 vehicals in the ditch, only place the roads wernt too good was from silverdale to mission bridge. the river was like a ghost town. only saw a handful of other fishermen. so ill probly be going tommorw ...might as well take advantage of the lack of people. if you have 4x4 your fine.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

went out there today from maple ridge , roads wernt that bad, only about 5 or 6 vehicals in the ditch, only place the roads wernt too good was from silverdale to mission bridge. the river was like a ghost town. only saw a handful of other fishermen. so ill probly be going tommorw ...might as well take advantage of the lack of people. if you have 4x4 your fine.

Dress warmly as you also may have a NE wind to deal with too.