Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213077 times)

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

saw a small fish walk into freds today and one more wild caught lower river, gonna give it a shot tomorrow regardless

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

Looked like the river came up quickly

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

saw a small fish walk into freds today and one more wild caught lower river, gonna give it a shot tomorrow regardless
;D I like that, walking fish. ;D ;D

ChumChaser

River in great shape today, should be perfect tomorrow.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Very few fish taken today I was told.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions are A1, might have to go out and catch one. ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

Conditions are A1, might have to go out and catch one. ;D

Yes they where but man the wind mad it tough

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

silver ghost

• Old Timer

beautiful water today, tough catching for me and my buddy despite the good report from fred's

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

beautiful water today, tough catching for me and my buddy despite the good report from fred's
Yup, this.  Saw the reports on FB when I got home...lol  Grrrr...haha  I have clean up garage day and set up new crap day for the wife, but I'll be back out there for the next 4 days after today before I hace to go back to work... ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

A very pleasant afternoon out there today great water conditions too, I missed a fish of some sorts on a cooked bug, it also grabbed the bug as I reeled in, did not see it though and would not give me another opportunity.

Only heard of one wild taken, up river but only talked to one other angler.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Looks like some clay fell in today somer time as the water is now murky.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

The flow is silted right up! Murkey,murkey conditions! Just had a look at the crossing and it was deserted! Anglers must have headed up past the clay banks!Mother Nature throws out a stinker for New Years. :o

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe

the clay bank gave out at about um 9 am and it was just above borden. water was perfect before that saw two fish landed. one was my hatch and one wild both over ten pounds. was a great morning till the river coloured up. i got my hatch at about 7:30 to 8 am. i was with my dad so i had to stand around as my day ended only 8 casts in.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season

to top it all off, the wind decided to make an appearance and make conditions more difficult. :-\

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer

Just got back, visibility in the lower end is 6" tops... think tomorrow is a write off for sure!