Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are older fishing magazines worth anything  (Read 1750 times)

Robert_G

Are older fishing magazines worth anything
« on: December 16, 2011, 01:41:04 PM »

I was cleaning up today and found that I had the original Canadian Sportsfishing Premier Issue #1 1988 in very nice condition.
I have since then lost most respect for Henry and Italo....but I was wondering if the magazine was worth anything?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Are older fishing magazines worth anything
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 02:00:47 PM »

Nor sure what this would be worth but at our FVSS tackle sale last month a chap was getting some good prices for some old magazines.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 07:04:49 PM »

Any Western Angler in that pile Chris? Have yet to get my hands on a single copy.I have some old issues of B.C Outdoors from the 60s,70s and 80s.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 07:07:10 PM by Dennis.t »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 07:46:09 PM »

At that meet I purchased about a dozen "Western Fish and Wildlife" mags, all near mint and all with Jack Grundle covers, circa 1973.  Maybe the best $30 I have spent in a while ;)  I also sold $700 worth of tackle I was done with.
This event is getting more popular and there was a large turnout, considering the bad weather. Good on the FVSS for organizing this event.
Sorry for the hijack but events like this are a goldmine for collectors of this stuff, like me :D

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 04:50:57 AM »

At that meet I purchased about a dozen "Western Fish and Wildlife" mags, all near mint and all with Jack Grundle covers, circa 1973.  Maybe the best $30 I have spent in a while ;)  I also sold $700 worth of tackle I was done with.
This event is getting more popular and there was a large turnout, considering the bad weather. Good on the FVSS for organizing this event.
Sorry for the hijack but events like this are a goldmine for collectors of this stuff, like me :D
Right on. I would have alot of trouble parting with my old magazines.Going to pass them on to my son one day.Also have some very old issues of S.T.S that i came across in a book store several yrs ago.