Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stave River Noob  (Read 1708 times)

ironring1

Stave River Noob
« on: November 08, 2011, 12:02:39 PM »

Hi, all.  This is my first year salmon fishing.  I had a great time fishing the Fraser during the pink run, and have caught a couple of chum in the Chilliwack (released), too.  As a beginner, I tried to pay attention to what others around me were doing, but I saw pretty quick that most people on the Chilliwack were snagging fish, and it looked like most of them didn't even realize that they were doing this (I figure that they just copied what they saw those around them doing, since you see a lot of fish landed by snagging).

I was planning on giving the Stave a try this weekend, but my biggest problem is that I don't know where the river itself is!  When I look on the map, I see a chain of lakes (Silvermere, Hayward, Stave...)  Which part is the actual river?  I think that it's the section with lots of islands between the Fraser river and the dam/bridge at Hayward street, but is that correct?  My plan is to float fish for coho, trying roe, colorado spinners and wool.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Chris

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:25:26 PM by Rodney »

grumpy

Re: Stave River Noob
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 12:25:05 AM »

go up Hayward street, there is a parking lot on the left which is ruskin recreation site