Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ALERT  (Read 10941 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: ALERT
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 01:47:07 PM »

Considering that there are d.f.o. notices on atlantics posted at various spots on the vedder,I totally think its possible. The fish farms in the ocean are not that far of a swim
Are you talking about the posters advising of clipped Cultus Lake sockeye? 

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 01:54:48 PM »

I have seen this before and also the supposition about Atlantics not competing well with Pacific Salmon  BUT that trial was way back when the rivers were all full of fish.    Now many rivers have lots of empty space and there might be room for Atlantics to take hold.
Laboratory studies have also shown Atlantics to be much less aggressive than Pacific species.  A few years ago UBC researchers penned together Atlantics and coho at DFO's Cultus Lake Laboratory.  If memory serves the coho kicked the crap out of the Atlantics.  Perhaps Mykisscrazy can add a few details.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 02:34:38 PM »

I think he is referring to the atlantic posters, I have seen both of these on the river

coho65

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 04:48:22 PM »

talked with dfo,they are taking it serious......i wasnt even gonna post this but a buddy of mine talked me into it.i will say it was bleeding and hopefully sucked in some roe.i knew i was gonna get grilled over this,lol,but with over 70 rod days in since july i put my time in,thanks for  the replys guys,tight lines!

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 07:41:29 PM »

I noticed an old notice re: atlantics, was still up just behind the OTW store last time I was up. Used to be several others up by Alison and up at Ranger.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »

Thanks Sandy.  I must pay more attention!

nosey

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 07:58:09 AM »

I saw a couple of Atlantics caught in the Fraser up by Hope by sockeye fishermen about 7 or 8 years ago, they are not that rare in our rivers.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 01:41:19 PM »

I saw a couple of Atlantics caught in the Fraser up by Hope by sockeye fishermen about 7 or 8 years ago, they are not that rare in our rivers.
Where they flossed or where they biters. ;D ;D