Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can he do that?  (Read 11781 times)

Ed

• I'm a llama!
Re: Can he do that?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 04:01:28 PM »

Was watching from KWB for fish but it was not the fish which got our attention. Two Asian fishers were verbally blamed by another non-Asian fisher why they targeted chum while chum is closed? One of the Asians hooked a chum in the mouth with a float and was landing & releasing the fish in the water when this happened. It seemed he didn't do anything wrong but was verbally accused as if he had done something wrong. So the Asian guy landing the fish was visibly upset and was shouting back that he has his right to fish and not be harrassed. I don't know how you can consider others deliberately targeting chum, if he just casts the float out with regular set up in the pool below KWB. Just because the hook was biten by a chum? How can he be considered targeting chum while the other non-Asian guy was doing the same. Besides, catching & releasing a chum which is closed is not illegal, targeted or not? He has not broken the law. Didn't many guys on this board target bull trout in tidal Fraser while retention is prohibited?  ;D

Also from a distance on the Bridge, it seemed the non-Asian guy was also approaching the other Asian guy, as if he was wanting to check something from the guy. I could have been wrong from the distance, but just how much a fisherman who is not a CO can say or do to another fisherman before it is considered a harrassment or racial thing? Once a friend of mine, an Asian, told me that he was asked by another fisher whether he has fishing license and demanded it be shown to him, because my friend had a hatchery steelhead in his hand but not dressed really up scale as most steelheaders do. So where is the limit? Can the non-Asian guy do that? This kind of behaviour is dangerous, as it can lead from verbal dispute to violence. To care about the regulaton & resources is one thing. To be extra zealous and go over-board can lead to bad consequence.

Yeah the non asian guy was lucky that the two asians were tolerant enough to take his crap.

Fishinglover

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 05:11:01 PM »

Undoubtedly someone is really ridiculous and bothering others while they are fishing.   If they feel anything wrong, their own authority is to report DFO or police, not to force others to follow them... 

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 05:15:26 PM »

Don't think there are any ethnicities I've seen on the river not commit offences.

I bet you never saw a Swede commit an offense on the river.  Especially a fly fishing Swede. ;)
Not all those who wander are lost

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 07:55:28 PM »

KWB is a joke, sad part is you got the new fisherman using techniques that are no good for the vedder who just dont know better its not really their fault. Then you got the seasoned anglers getting mad and yelling at them. . . Its just one big Opera.
[

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 09:55:47 PM »

KWB is a joke, sad part is you got the new fisherman using techniques that are no good for the vedder who just dont know better its not really their fault. Then you got the seasoned anglers getting mad and yelling at them. . . Its just one big Opera.

Good point. The Vedder is no place for the bottom bouncing fraternity. They foul hook too many fish and they do hook up more than the float fishermen, therefore drawing both jealousy and anger from the float fishermen. However in this case, as I stated, these two Asians were fishing with float and regular leader length. So it is still puzzling why they get harrassed for hooking a chum. Anybody fishing below KWB at this time of year know that they can hook into a chum, targeted or not. So what motivated the non-Asian guy to give the two Asians such a hard time, enough to have one of them shouting back visibly agitated & upset?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 12:05:13 AM »

If you are a Chinese who fishes around KWB, you're definitely up to no good. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3OBwKnBsCU

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 12:30:04 PM »

Yap you kept too many dead pinks around you.    ;D ;D

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »

Non-Asians may think all of them Oriental faces around KWB are Chinese as if they are all fond of sweet & sour pork & chop siu or egg fu yung.  ;D
Not really, there are lots of Koreans, Vietnamese, Singaporeans, even Malaysians & Filipinos mixed in. Those of you from Asia can tell from the languages they speak. Can you tell a Chinese from a Japanese or from a Korean if you are not east Asian?  ;) Not easy.  Probably yes if you see one eating sweet & sour pork, the other eating Sushi and the other eating Kim Chi for shore lunch.  ;D Otherwise good luck.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:09:26 PM by liketofish »

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 11:38:51 PM »

Non-Asians may think all of them Oriental faces around KWB are Chinese as if they are all fond of sweet & sour pork & chop siu or egg fu yung.  ;D
Not really, there are lots of Koreans, Vietnamese, Singaporeans, even Malaysians & Filipinos mixed in. Those of you from Asia can tell from the languages they speak. Can you tell a Chinese from a Japanese or from a Korean if you are not east Asian?  ;) Not easy.  Probably yes if you see one eating sweet & sour pork, the other eating Sushi and the other eating Kim Chi for shore lunch.  ;D Otherwise good luck.

What if he eating kimchi flied lice?

Joey

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 08:15:41 AM »

Than he is half Korean and Chinese

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 11:43:28 AM »

Flied lice? No Koreans or Chinese in the right mind will eat lice. Is there a recipe for sea lice in the Recipe section?  ;D ;D ;D

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 03:21:02 PM »

Flied lice? No Koreans or Chinese in the right mind will eat lice. Is there a recipe for sea lice in the Recipe section?  ;D ;D ;D

Sorry if you didn't get my joke. But if you haven't noticed some chinese people can't pronounce "r" so they say Flied Lice instead of Fried Rice.

I feel stupid for not knowing that....

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 07:39:45 AM »

another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Joey

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 03:11:50 PM »

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 03:21:02 PM »
Quote from: liketofish on October 26, 2011, 11:43:28 AM
Flied lice? No Koreans or Chinese in the right mind will eat lice. Is there a recipe for sea lice in the Recipe section?  Grin Grin Grin

Sorry if you didn't get my joke. But if you haven't noticed some chinese people can't pronounce "r" so they say Flied Lice instead of Fried Rice.

Quote from: Joey on October 26, 2011, 08:15:41 AM

I feel stupid for not knowing that....

No worries........Ed.Every holy soul makes mistake

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 04:53:51 PM »

I love kimchi and flied lice!