Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urgent Regulation Info needed!  (Read 2124 times)

Ryan.maccie

Urgent Regulation Info needed!
« on: October 09, 2011, 10:49:11 PM »

Leaving at 5am tomorrow to fish a local stream, the regs say this

All    Aug 01-Oct 31    Bait ban.
Coho Sep 01-Dec 31    4 hatchery fish per day.
Chinook    Apr 01 - Mar 31    4 per day, only 1 over 62cm.

If chinook are oppen april 1 to mar31 that means they are oppen all year round correct?

Does this mean that if i keep 1 chinook over 62cm, that I can not keep anymore chinook?
or I can keep 3 under 62cm, and 1 over 62cm?

This kind of confuses me..
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:52:33 PM by Ryan.maccie »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Urgent Regulation Info needed!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 10:51:05 PM »

That is correct. It is open all year round, but "April 1st to March 31st" just sounds better. ;)

One thing to remember is that the aggregated salmon daily limit is four fish. So, if you keep four hatchery marked coho salmon, you cannot keep anymore chinook salmon.

Ryan.maccie

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 10:54:22 PM »

That is correct. It is open all year round, but "April 1st to March 31st" just sounds better. ;)

One thing to remember is that the aggregated salmon daily limit is four fish. So, if you keep four hatchery marked coho salmon, you cannot keep anymore chinook salmon.

thanks rodney!
 I knew that the daily limit for fish is 4.
 but i just edited my above post to try and figure out the wording of the chinook subject again!
Does this mean that if i keep 1 chinook over 62cm, that I can not keep anymore chinook?
or I can keep 3 under 62cm, and 1 over 62cm?

nickredway

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 10:55:49 PM »

Yes they are open year round. Not sure where you are coming from but the water is looking pretty low unless we get some rain tonight so the Vedder would be a way better bet. Your best chance is first light hardware.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 10:57:38 PM »

You can keep one over 62cm (which needs to be marked on your licence as it counts in the annual limit) and you can keep three between 30cm (which is the minimum size) and 62cm per day. The ones fall between 30cm and 62cm are considered as jacks.

Ryan.maccie

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 11:00:32 PM »

Yes they are open year round. Not sure where you are coming from but the water is looking pretty low unless we get some rain tonight so the Vedder would be a way better bet. Your best chance is first light hardware.

I have a few people that are camping up at the vedder rite now and was planning on going up tuseday, but they were saying nothing really new is entering the river due to the really low water...

they said Hold off untill rain..

Edit:

Thanks again rodney!!

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 11:47:22 PM »

yeah man the 'local stream' you are going to is at about the same level it was in the peak of the summer heat. not sure where you live but if you were a local you could see the native weir under the bridge and notice no fish can advance past...therefore no chromers will be moving in unless she blows