Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Rod  (Read 1511 times)

sassygrams

New Rod
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:37:36 PM »

I went and did it, I have a new purchase to share with other fishing persons.....  I finally went and bought a new Rod - A sage Z-Axis, 4 piece, 690-4, 9'. 
Did I do well?   ??? I also bought a new reel from the store, their own model but it sure feels nice and smooth. 
Can't wait to try it. 
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

jobber604

Re: New Rod
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:07:35 PM »

Nice new purchase. How did it work out for you?

Clarki Hunter

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 11:08:15 PM »

I love my Z's. And with the deals on them right now you really can't go wrong.  They're incredibly light in hand, have lots of butt strength and you can cast a long way with em.  I have the same rod and it sees the bulk of my single hand fishing.  Congrats on a great purchase!  You'll have that for a looooong time :)

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 11:12:52 AM »

I went and did it, I have a new purchase to share with other fishing persons.....  I finally went and bought a new Rod - A sage Z-Axis, 4 piece, 690-4, 9'. 
Did I do well?   ??? I also bought a new reel from the store, their own model but it sure feels nice and smooth. 
Can't wait to try it. 

Congratulations... i remember when i bought my Zaxis.... great rod!