Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Theft from boats  (Read 3470 times)

iblly

• Old Timer
Theft from boats
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:42:28 AM »

If you keep your boat moored on the Middle Arm or the North Arm of the Fraser River keep your eyes open for a 12 or 14 foot aluminum boat with a newer black merc outboard. This boat usually has two men and one woman in it, sometimes they have a pitbull with them as well. These individuals were stopped by the New West Police boat sunday morning near the big bend after being spotted just before sunrise cruising up river near Knight St. with a boat load of presumably stolen goods. They are well known to police and are known crackheads. They have been seen many times cruising this area recently. Coincidently there has been a lot of stuff stolen from pleasure boats and tug boats in this area recently. If you see a boat matching this description lurking around call the police and report it. They are known to carry the big cans of pepper spray with them as well as the pitbull, so stay clear of them. Just call the police. If you've had anything stolen from your boat lately you may want to talk to the New West police as they have a running file on these scumbags.  Cheers, and keep your eyes open !

Re: Theft from boats
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »

i cant say its them forsure but def get the cops to goto brownsville under the patella bridge. get them to walk to the river where the boat ramp used to be through the pub parking lot. take the trail left downriver and about 5-10 min down the trail there is a makeshift crackshack with a few druggies living in it and they aquired a alluminum boat somehow and it may possibly be them. if not, there is still some shady activity goin on down there worth investigating. i cant say its them forsure though. hope this helps
420-|WiSh'[N] I WaS FiSH'[N]|-247

arimaBOATER

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 02:52:37 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on his one...know some boater(s) in that area & will inform.

Gee ...Re. Theft from boats ...........next thing ya know they will steal the boat itself... :o
About 3 yrs ago remember a beautiful alum. HT boat was stolen in the area you mentioned.
Poster & pic of the boat with message about owner looking for his stolen boat etc...worth at least $65,000 my guess.
One boat owner tied up to a dock...& went in to have a meal...came back & his stuff was stolen...deck chairs,field glasses etc...he said from then on everything gets locked up...
But in cases these pirates break into the cuddy's etc...with tools.
Nothing like the feeling of being a victim of theft. BOO BOO BOO
....new theory of cause of "high blood pressure."  (just talked to a guy yesterday who had his $1500 pedal bike stolen.) If they steal from tugs & they 100% know it was these people in this small carporter...a tug pilot just may get tempted to send some BIG WAKE WAVES heir way ;D

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 03:13:02 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on his one...know some boater(s) in that area & will inform.

Gee ...Re. Theft from boats ...........next thing ya know they will steal the boat itself... :o
About 3 yrs ago remember a beautiful alum. HT boat was stolen in the area you mentioned.
Poster & pic of the boat with message about owner looking for his stolen boat etc...worth at least $65,000 my guess.
One boat owner tied up to a dock...& went in to have a meal...came back & his stuff was stolen...deck chairs,field glasses etc...he said from then on everything gets locked up...
But in cases these pirates break into the cuddy's etc...with tools.
Nothing like the feeling of being a victim of theft. BOO BOO BOO
....new theory of cause of "high blood pressure."  (just talked to a guy yesterday who had his $1500 pedal bike stolen.) If they steal from tugs & they 100% know it was these people in this small carporter...a tug pilot just may get tempted to send some BIG WAKE WAVES heir way ;D

I work on a tug, we reported them to police that morning and if we didn't have a log tow behind us they may have encountered a VERY large wave. These crackers live in an illegaly moored houseboat in Annacis Slough. This houseboat has already been raided by police after they stole my friends beachcomb boat. This houseboat is moored in a fish habitat area.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:16:16 PM by iblly »

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 03:14:36 PM »

i cant say its them forsure but def get the cops to goto brownsville under the patella bridge. get them to walk to the river where the boat ramp used to be through the pub parking lot. take the trail left downriver and about 5-10 min down the trail there is a makeshift crackshack with a few druggies living in it and they aquired a alluminum boat somehow and it may possibly be them. if not, there is still some shady activity goin on down there worth investigating. i cant say its them forsure though. hope this helps

Is it a cartopper with a newer black merc ?

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 03:26:05 PM »

cant say how new the motor is as this season i have ussually been fishin bymyself right after work in that area so didnt wanna get to close to a bunch of crackheads but it is def a 12-14 ft alluminum with a black motor
420-|WiSh'[N] I WaS FiSH'[N]|-247

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 01:33:53 AM »

just sink em.....holmes*

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 05:32:53 AM »

Exactly what i was thinking...