Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: To the guy at the seymour mouth...  (Read 5530 times)

silver ghost

• Old Timer
To the guy at the seymour mouth...
« on: September 12, 2011, 12:23:08 AM »

You pulled up in a cream colored, pre 2000's 4runner, you had a backpack and black sunglasses.

I was the guy in jeans and black shirt - i didn't have any leader on me so you gave me some - we had a good chat about how there were no fish around. I went to the other side and you stayed on the fjord side.

You started casting spoons with your gold shimano levelwind and got a birdsnest after the first cast.

I saw you fiddle with your reel until you finally cut off hundreds of yards of mono and throw it all over the beach. It was A LOT OF LINE, LITTERED ON THE BANK. You left, and I cleaned up your ignorant, sloppy pollutive heap of line you threw ever so carelessly onto the beach. Would it be cool if I took a crap in your living room? no, so why you throwing line around in a sensitive ecosystem?

Where do you think it goes genius?

AND THATS NOT ALL - Yesterday I saw you AGAIN by the bridge on the river AND YOU DID THE SAME THING ! CLEAN UP YOUR MESS YA GOOF, I PICKED ALL YOUR LINE UP ONCE AGAIN.

Hope you read this, I have no tolerance for beaks who litter up rivers, if you are learning how to use a levelwind then that's cool, everyone needs practice but if you birdsnest and you choose to cut it - DONT THROW IT ON THE GROUND! pack in what you pack out, please and thanks!

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: To the guy at the seymour mouth...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 07:26:50 AM »

Why don't you talk to him when you see him on the river?

I suggest you refrain calling him a goof in person though.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Burbot

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 09:00:28 AM »

I have no tolerance for beaks who litter up rivers,

I agree but most people that complain about the guy leaving line or throwing in a cig package seem perfectly alright and say nothing when Industry does it....

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 09:24:05 AM »

The few times I have visited the Seymour Mouth I have seen sketchy fisherman/actions.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 10:27:27 AM »

I will say something in person, but I won't be as confrontational, lol.

Yeah there are some sketchy characters there for sure. Lots of garbage that looks like it was destined for the dump but was diverted when people realized they have to pay to drop off boxsprings, TVs, gyprock...

MIKE1

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 02:45:55 PM »

You pulled up in a cream colored, pre 2000's 4runner, you had a backpack and black sunglasses.

I was the guy in jeans and black shirt - i didn't have any leader on me so you gave me some - we had a good chat about how there were no fish around. I went to the other side and you stayed on the fjord side.

You started casting spoons with your gold shimano levelwind and got a birdsnest after the first cast.

I saw you fiddle with your reel until you finally cut off hundreds of yards of mono and throw it all over the beach. It was A LOT OF LINE, LITTERED ON THE BANK. You left, and I cleaned up your ignorant, sloppy pollutive heap of line you threw ever so carelessly onto the beach. Would it be cool if I took a crap in your living room? no, so why you throwing line around in a sensitive ecosystem?

AND THATS NOT ALL - Yesterday I saw you AGAIN by the bridge on the river AND YOU DID THE SAME THING ! CLEAN UP YOUR MESS YA GOOF, I PICKED ALL YOUR LINE UP ONCE AGAIN.

Hope you read this, I have no tolerance for beaks who litter up rivers, if you are learning how to use a levelwind then that's cool, everyone needs practice but if you birdsnest and you choose to cut it - DONT THROW IT ON THE GROUND! pack in what you pack out, please and thanks!
Did he have a roof rack with  "millk crates" on it with various gear (camping etc)? Ive seen someone in a similar description starting a fire on a beach at gill bar about a month ago and left without putting it out.. was with a wife that looked in late 20's early 30's. I thought he was going to come back to put it out but didn't.

river-rod dyl

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 01:50:47 PM »

Rattled!

k.c.

• A bad day fishing beats a good day working
    • west coast bass anglers
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 12:46:35 PM »

Good idea you wouldn't want to let your mouth write a cheque that your my friend can't cash.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 01:47:55 PM »

:D  ;)

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »

Good idea you wouldn't want to let your mouth write a cheque that your *** can't cash.

ahaha, ill let that one go.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 10:56:35 PM »

:D  ;)

thats about right. im educated enough to know when to avoid fights for stupid reasons

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 04:31:37 PM »

serves him right to give you some leader lol! good for you for picking up after someone else!

KLX

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 09:04:25 PM »

ya i just cleaned out my tackle box FULL of wads of line left over by others on the fraser, stamp, and capilano...it happens everywhere in the province. I even find beer cans way out in the middle of nowhere where i used to believe only ethical fishermen go...

our culture is one of entitlement and selfishness...i dont expect better behaviour any more.

Ed

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »

One time at the Thompson I found beer cans....please keep the bad habits in the lower mainland (since it is inevitable that people litter).