Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many hatchery marked coho salmon from Chilliwack River have you kept in fall 2011?

0 :(
- 39 (32.8%)
1 - 5 :-\
- 39 (32.8%)
6 - 10 :)
- 19 (16%)
11 - 15 :)
- 14 (11.8%)
16 - 20 :D
- 2 (1.7%)
21 - 25 :D
- 3 (2.5%)
26 - 30 :o
- 1 (0.8%)
31+ :o
- 2 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: 2011 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 96973 times)

poper

Might be worth it. From what I saw.

Dave

• Old Timer

For purely selfish reasons, this may be my only water condition report for this season.  Was out today with a new 6 wt 2-hander down near Hoogies; (ask Chris)   Water conditions were good - high but app. 24" visibility.  Saw 4 other anglers, 3 eagles, lots of mergansers and a gazillion gulls all chowing down on chum carcasses.  Still a few fresh chums around, had one male rip a swung purple intruder...  was using an old Hardy Viscount, the type without an exposed rim for palming ... never again as I damn near broke my finger trying to stop the bugger :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Did not find an Iron but some nice floats. ;D ;D ;D

azafai

how is the river?

thanks.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

DRP79

I Was up today for a few hours. Only saw a handful of people and no fish caught. Saw some old, nasty chum and a coho but no steelhead. The water is much higher than I have seen it but still pretty good clarity.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

water looked great yesterday. about 4 to 5 ft vis. nice and quiet for a sunday. no steelhead for me yet but lots of smolts and a couple good looking chum .not all the chum are nasty. really had me excited when i saw the fish roll, to see all that chrome. thought i had my first steel of the season. o well, great day.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

Nice... I am thinking about heading out shortly... Give me a call when you head out again BigBlockFox! ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Nice conditions today, not too cold either but could not repeat Monday's success but did find a very nice Drennan and a DNE which made the trip a success. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Fishing continues very slow for all the top rods out on the flow today, heard of one wild and one hatchery taken.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:23:13 PM by chris gadsden »

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

Nice... I am thinking about heading out shortly... Give me a call when you head out again BigBlockFox! ;)

ya sounds good, email me your #. chompy6@hotmail.com

searun17

• Old Timer

Anyone know what the water conditions on the vedder are like after that rain and this warm spell,thanks.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

the carp

low clear and stingy lol but a dream to be out there

searun17

• Old Timer

thanks carp :)
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Sandman

• Old Timer

It was beautiful out there this morning, but very low and clear...and stingy.
Not all those who wander are lost