Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many hatchery marked coho salmon from Chilliwack River have you kept in fall 2011?

0 :(
- 39 (32.8%)
1 - 5 :-\
- 39 (32.8%)
6 - 10 :)
- 19 (16%)
11 - 15 :)
- 14 (11.8%)
16 - 20 :D
- 2 (1.7%)
21 - 25 :D
- 3 (2.5%)
26 - 30 :o
- 1 (0.8%)
31+ :o
- 2 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: 2011 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 97010 times)

patagonia

Was prime when I left this afternoon mid river... dont think itll blow out with a break in the rain

fishbuster

River on the rise.

ChumChaser

Visibility was about 1.5 feet when I left the river at 2:30. We will have to wait and see how much it rains over night.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

Anyone know how the water was at dark?

clujalolo

How is the fishing down towards the mouth of the river where the vedder meets the fraser? Where that train bridge, hows the fishing is there?

milo

• Old Timer

Tadpole and I barely made it back from an island we were fishing in the lower.
River is on the rise as we speak, so whoever plans to go tomorrow, keep an eye on the discharge at Slesse Creek, as that pretty much defines the water level and colour.
Visibility in the Upper was very poor, hardly a foot at best. Lower was holding somewhat better, but it was colouring up and rising fast when we left around 6:00 PM.

Fishing was spotty at best. I did maanage a nice hatchery coho for the table after a lot of work.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

Think its worth the trip tomorrow milo?

milo

• Old Timer

Think its worth the trip tomorrow milo?

If it keeps raining, it will be blown.
If no more rain comes down, it might hold and be fishable. Slesse Creek will decide.

mistermongz

hhmmnn was thinking of going out there in the am is it worth it...
Fish on!!!

ChumChaser

Water look good this morning, clarity around 3 feet.

Fishinglover

How was the fishing condition over there currently? 

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome

Clarity was great, for those of you that stayed home you missed out ;D Came home with my limit and let go 4 others. Buddy got a 19 pound hatch doe :o he also limited out. Didn't catch a fish other then coho, few chum around but not many, odd spring and few spawned out pinks. Saw one absolute bar of a spring bonked as well. Go get'um guys :)
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

water was a bit high but water clarity was perfect with about 4ft+ of vis with a very teaish green colour. only got to fish from 12-6 but got my limit of coho which i gave to my neigbour to smoke but i got the roe  ;D4 and a few wilds,  2 springs and 2 chum and a nice pink. deffinatly starting to finally see the chum nd theres a ton of coho about including alot that are already red, and surprisingly still some nice pinks bumming around. all fish were on roe and a green blade, was fishing the slower deeper edges and pockets in the upper river. and saw a guy with 2 wild coho, a chum and a sockeye  all snagged >:( dfo was called hopefully they showed up.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

clujalolo

sounds like lots of fish around! dont know where to go!!! upper middle or lower! will see when i get there! might start at lower in the morning and start heading up if its slow.

Fishinglover

Sounds nice situation over there.  Will try luck tomorrow anyway...  Can someone share which part of the river is more effective?   mid, or upper river?