Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many hatchery marked coho salmon from Chilliwack River have you kept in fall 2011?

0 :(
- 39 (32.8%)
1 - 5 :-\
- 39 (32.8%)
6 - 10 :)
- 19 (16%)
11 - 15 :)
- 14 (11.8%)
16 - 20 :D
- 2 (1.7%)
21 - 25 :D
- 3 (2.5%)
26 - 30 :o
- 1 (0.8%)
31+ :o
- 2 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: 2011 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 97014 times)

the carp

just headin out the door to check conditions, not optimistic, it rained here all night and is still coming down in buckets, could be eatin my turkey sandwiches and watching the dead pinkies fly by.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Looked at it the dark, has some visibilty hard to say how much, could change at any time though, rain has stopped now.

hue-nut

• Old Timer

Looked at it the dark, has some visibilty hard to say how much, could change at any time though, rain has stopped now.

Chris have you seen it lately? thinking on skipping some work in the rain to fish in the rain? The graph tells me it is blown vis wise but this year the river has seemed to hold up better. Thanks

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Chris have you seen it lately? thinking on skipping some work in the rain to fish in the rain? The graph tells me it is blown vis wise but this year the river has seemed to hold up better. Thanks
It was OK when I left an hour ago but still coming up I think but then the tide was coming in. I saw some coho caught including Rodney with one on a blade, he said he lost one more before I got there.
I will again take a boo later.
I fished 45 minutes out of Leaf Craft#4  and did not get a bite, was wet and miserable  ??? so came home for breakfast and get some ducks ready for supper. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:03:56 AM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Still fishable in the Lower, 1 to 2 feet vis. but before you rush out there it could change at any moment as on the rise.

Also note the canal bars are getting covered so watch if you wade out to a bump in the sand as it may be tough getting back.

Raining again, why do people ask for rain as all it does is push the fish through quickly to the hatchery. :(

Thumbs down to who did the rain dance. ;D ;D

vancook

• Old Timer

Well slightly kicking myself for not heading out first light...but glad to avoid any wash out. Might have to look elsewhere tomorrow and Thursday

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Well slightly kicking myself for not heading out first light...but glad to avoid any wash out. Might have to look elsewhere tomorrow and Thursday
Me too, on the other location. ;D

Will try to give an update on river at dark. Of course we are in the season when it can change quickly, clay bank issue again this season?

RiverRunner

Fished from 8 - 2, water came up quite a bit, vis got
Worse as the day went on. Lots of coho and springs moving. Good wet day of fishing.

clujalolo

Hows the upper portion near tamahi? Sleese creek area?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Checked it dark in the Lower, I would say visibility is around 14 inches. Lots of fish moving through, close in. Fished 30 minutes but nothing. Water looked like it was dropping a tad.

The Canal will be difficult to fish now if you wade out.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Raining hard now, just had a look in the canal area, looks like some visibility but hard to say how much even by shinning a torch in it, I found a few floats though where I checked.  ;D ;D I will take the rod and have a look in the light. Will report back later but it will be a while has hope to hook many fish. :-\

Maybe The Carp will give you a report sooner than I can. ;D ;D

the carp

Sorry chris, stuck at home, got a doctor appointment this a.m. Will check it this afternoon, but it rained real hard last night so not having too high hopes. 

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Chris just phoned from the river. Condition remains good today surprisingly.

clujalolo

Just gpt back from the river fished at allison pools, saw only one coho get pulled, saw a bunch of chinooks jumping, but thats it

fic

• Old Timer

Just gpt back from the river fished at allison pools, saw only one coho get pulled, saw a bunch of chinooks jumping, but thats it
How was the visibility and water level?