Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many hatchery marked coho salmon from Chilliwack River have you kept in fall 2011?

0 :(
- 39 (32.8%)
1 - 5 :-\
- 39 (32.8%)
6 - 10 :)
- 19 (16%)
11 - 15 :)
- 14 (11.8%)
16 - 20 :D
- 2 (1.7%)
21 - 25 :D
- 3 (2.5%)
26 - 30 :o
- 1 (0.8%)
31+ :o
- 2 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: 2011 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 96960 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River nearly up 2 feet this am, its toast. :-\

fishing88

Thanks for the updates Chris

Barring no more rains, how long do you think until it comes back into shape with it coming up so much

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River nearly up 2 feet this am, its toast. :-\
Startig to come around already, maybe this afternoon.  ;D Stopped at Tamihi Rapids an hour ago, fresh run pinks had been taken. ;D
Also saw a dark chinook and jack. Nice big coho in the hatchery will post some pictures on the FVSS facebook page shortly as I have not mastered it here, yet,sorry Rod. :-[

ja

Chris, your reports on the conditions are appreciated by those of us that live in Vancouver.  Am looking forward to getting out tomorrow but a 1 1/2 hour drive each way is brutal to fish chocolate milk type water.  Hopefully the water will be ok tomorrow.

azafai

2x
regards and appreciations

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Chris, your reports on the conditions are appreciated by those of us that live in Vancouver.  Am looking forward to getting out tomorrow but a 1 1/2 hour drive each way is brutal to fish chocolate milk type water.  Hopefully the water will be ok tomorrow.
It should, I hope to get a look before dark, when my baby sitting duties ar over. ???

If someone wishes to post the pictures I took this am of coho at the hatchery e mail  me your address and I will send for you to post, I must learn how. :-[ :-[

slick vic

Hey Chris, I was out today and my god the water is like Fraser. :(

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:55:39 PM by slick vic »

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome

So those are what other salmon look like. All I have seen is a sea of pink ;) maybe my luck will change this weekend :)
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

CohoJake

• Old Timer
Vedder River Clay Silt
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2011, 05:51:02 PM »

Anyone know how long it takes for the Vedder to lose the clay silt after it stops raining?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Hey Chris, I was out today and my god the water is like Fraser. :(

Nice work on getting these from the FVSS site. ;D ;D ;D

Just cut the lawn so heading to check conditions and wet a line, report later. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water conditions perfect, lots of fish moving through, hope some coho in with the hordes of pinks. ;D ;D ;D

silver ghost

• Old Timer

I'll be heading out there at 5am. Hoping the water is okay! Will let you guys know how it goes!!

fishunter

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I'll be heading out there at 5am. Hoping the water is okay! Will let you guys know how it goes!!

fishunter
It will be fine, hope you find a coho, the chinooks will be in too. I may have trouble sleeping tonight thinking of hooking my first coho of the season. ;D ;D  Roe will be the ticket or try a blade or lure in some of the backwaters areas caused by the recent jump in the water levels.

ja

Excellent, thanks Chris! ...will be going tomorrow, mid/lower section.  Hope you get your Coho(s)  ;D

silver ghost

• Old Timer

good luck out there boys! look for me on the river, im 6'5 tall and will be wearing a grey simms hat and green jacket!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19