Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tresspassing Tickets ????  (Read 20326 times)

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
Re: Tresspassing Tickets ????
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 12:38:13 AM »

I can second that I saw people getting tickets after crossing the Mamquam train bridge.

Saw a couple and their two dogs nearly get run over on that bridge. They were in the middle when a train approached, and one of their dogs got frightened to the point that it wouldn't move. They all had to cram themselves against the edge of the tracks and were literally inches away from the train. Seriously some scary ****. I thought someone would have to fish out their dog should it have gone over the edge.  :o

Oilcruzer

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 09:00:37 AM »

Hmmm..for people who frequent those fishing bars, could be a very expensive fishing trip. Add in the costs for gas, fishing rod and tackle, plus parking tickets, and trespassing fines - just for four fish. 
How much does it cost for everything, just to ski in Whistler?

Oilcruzer

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 09:14:17 AM »

There are bridge tickets and parking tickets, haven't seen proof of trespassing to cross over to SeaBird or Scale.

Thinking out loud, how does DFO get to the Scale?  If they get special crossing exemption, wouldn't they say something?

Every DFO I've met is "good people".  As are 9 outta 10 persons with lines in the water.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 09:18:13 AM »

DFO uses private property off landstrom road which they have unique and special permission to use

penn

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 09:23:29 AM »

Trouble is almost the entire upper river is cut off by tracks from Mission to Hope if you can't cross . As far DFO is concerned , they too would have to cross the tracks in most places , they may be able to do it with out crossing some places just like the public , but the majority is not accessible with out doing so .

Mr. Iban

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 12:47:51 PM »

If I am not mistaken the DFO has peace officer status and as such can cross railway's without problem.

katfish

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 07:35:32 AM »

Giving tickets for the bridge makes sense.  BUT, giving tickets for simply crossing the tracks?  Do they seriously expect people to be cut off vast stretches of the river due to some railway?  That is stupid.  The sign says to do so at your own risk.  This implies it is OK, as in not forbidden.

G.A.

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 01:16:31 PM »

been fishing at scale daily. not once have seen anyone get tickets nor be stopped yet crossing train tracks. only one there was native dood on monday counting for pinks. dosent even look, takes your work for it. what a waste of time and out tax money to not even look. is this to please native fishing and hire one that isnt in our fisheries...no offence but why do they regulate our fishing when we have no say in thiers...sorry off top. i know for a fact forestry does this to make peace.
i have also seen all new cement barricades at entrance to seabird and new no parking signs...signs are only in certain areas so watch where you park. plenty of non signed parking for a bit of a walk. not sure why they choose to single seabird out and not the others. now to bad they didnt take that cash cow and put it back into conservation or some improvments to make it axcessible. instead of the gov`s deep pockets

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 04:28:44 PM »

How is fishing at the scale,any late sockeye caught last few days.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 04:52:37 PM »

Saw a couple and their two dogs nearly get run over on that bridge. They were in the middle when a train approached, and one of their dogs got frightened to the point that it wouldn't move. They all had to cram themselves against the edge of the tracks and were literally inches away from the train. Seriously some scary ****. I thought someone would have to fish out their dog should it have gone over the edge.  :o

I remember that, I was there too. A pretty frightening scenario.
Not all those who wander are lost

G.A.

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 07:54:48 PM »

How is fishing at the scale,any late sockeye caught last few days.

scale has slowed a bit for sockeye but hot for big springs right now and lots of pinks coming now

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 08:38:51 PM »

Thanks g.a. will go thursday.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 08:46:13 PM »

Nevermind.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:49:20 PM by Tex »

newb33

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 10:30:58 PM »

My favorite spot is in the tidal and no ones ever there and im catching fish like crazy now but i take a cement pathway with trees on the side and its got the metal barricades so only people can walk through and no vehicles and at the end of the path theres train tracks and as soon as you cross them theres nice comfy benches and hes its a active railroad seen a train on it so wat im saying if you got a ticket message me and ill give you the info to call the railway deuches and let them explain whats the damn difference

strobes

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 01:58:11 PM »

So I emailed cn and this was their response;

Good Afternoon

CN does not allow non-railroad personnel permission to be on CN property unless they are there for railroad purposes.  This is a very clear safety issue.  CN Police and others have spend a great deal of time educating the public on the dangers of trespassing on railway property.  One of the things we as an industry are under close scrutiny for is property trespasser issues, so we do not make exceptions, no matter how innocuous the request seems.  One should only cross the tracks at designated crossings that have been approved by CN.

Thank You
Have A Safe Day
Barry
CN Public Inquiries
1-888-888-5909
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>