Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, August 23rd 2011  (Read 765 times)

Butch1949

Tidal Fraser River, August 23rd 2011
« on: August 23, 2011, 05:29:32 PM »

Threw a chrome silver colorado for 2 hours at Brownsville, saw 2 pinks jump and that was it, still very slow, last Friday one pink reported caught, did see this bar fisherman Saturday morning inside of 45 minutes catch his 4 Jacks, 2 white and 2 red, I was fishing right beside him and this older regular bar fisherman and I could not believe his luck!, skill, we were all using the same equipment and placement....., also saw the older regular arrive at the bar Friday about 1:30, he set up and on his first cast pulled in a jack........ :-\
"I don't catch fish"

ktt

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »

Tried the lower Fraser from 6:00 pm to 7:30 this evening, no action except at around 7:00 pm - 7:15 pm, saw around twelve to fifteen jumps close to the other sider of the river. Too far away, no idea what they were.

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 01:24:49 PM »

Tried the lower Fraser from 6:00 pm to 7:30 this evening, no action except at around 7:00 pm - 7:15 pm, saw around twelve to fifteen jumps close to the other sider of the river. Too far away, no idea what they were.
I tried the North Arm around the same time - where are those darned pinks!  Starting to get very itchy for their arrival now.

On a good note I noticed the water clarity seems to be improving and I can definitely see fish rising which is encouraging (...though I cannot be sure they were pinks necessarily).