Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Going to Osoyoos this sunday...  (Read 1386 times)

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
Going to Osoyoos this sunday...
« on: August 22, 2011, 06:49:23 PM »

I'm heading out to osoyoos this Sunday.  Staying at the village on the lake.  I'm guessing that's Osoyoos lake? Never been there before.  I was hoping someone who has gone before can give me some tips on the gear and type of rods i should bring to try my luck out? Also what species would i be targeting? Guessing Trout, bass, perch and carp?

Thanks in advance!
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

Ned

Re: Going to Osoyoos this sunday...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 08:27:20 PM »

Just came back a couple weeks ago. Brought along a spincaster with 10 pound line and 4 pd leader for trout, bass and carp. Many people under the bridge at twilight or early morning, but I had a boat so was able to access the north shore of the lake. There are some big ones in there - an approx. 10 pounder jumped in front of us in the boat.

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 08:34:24 PM »

nice! Type of bait you would recommend?? I'm contemplating if i should tow my boat or not...
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

Ned

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 09:11:17 PM »

I was using small black files, cronimids, and good old worms. I heard others were trying some pink patterns, but I stayed with trolling an indicator float. Bringing the boat was good, but the lake got real busy and fishing was spotty in mid day. Also good to have a fish finder/depth meter as parts of the lake get real deep and others are only a few feet - the south lake has some buoys set up for vessels to pass through - If you go outside those markers, you'll drag propeller for sure.

Have a great time!

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 10:19:28 PM »

--sockeye open on osoyoos short season 1 fish limit.
--both large and smallmouth bass.. maybe try deeper water drop shot or top water popper or spinnerbait...

--great variety of fish so you can bring anything and target something..