Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Camping in hope  (Read 3268 times)

silver ghost

• Old Timer
Camping in hope
« on: August 21, 2011, 12:08:16 AM »

Does anyone have a decent spot to camp they could share with me? I want to go on tuesday night for my birthday, and wondered a good spot to go near hope - it can be a pay site or free provincial park/other area - PM me, i dont need uber secret campground havens just a nice spot to kick back with the ol lady for a night

thanks in advance

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
Re: Camping in hope
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:29:54 AM »

Silver Lake, Close to Hope, has a provincial campground (Not Free)
or
Drive just past the lake and there are some nice spots off the road along the creek (Free)

I'm not sure about regs regarding camping on some of the Fraser bars but that could be an option.

drock31

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 08:06:35 AM »

I second silver lake. If you don't mind paying stay at the lake site as you wont have nearly as many yahoos. If you take one of the spots on the road you have to deal with people driving right past your site all day long and way to fast.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 08:25:11 AM »

Hi there Fishunter, there is a native owned camp site (Stolo Nation) that we camped at for many, many seasons. It is in a 10 acre big treed park setting, situated on the banks of the Fraser River, some double sites, flush toilets, showers, free sani-station, fire pits, pull throughs, 24 hour security, well fenced, with main gate, laundry facilities, covered BBQ area, pets accepted, senior discount 10%, reservations accepted. Ice, payphone available. They also have nice hot shower facilities that you pay for.

It is called Telte Yet Campsite-meaning "Up River People" and the address is 600 Water Ave. Hope, BC. Their telephone number to reserve a spot is 604-869-9481. Its been 10 years since we camped there but their reputation is still flawless as friends of ours have had nothing but good times and good experiences there. It was so great to fish all afternoon and into early evening, take a short drive to Telte Yet, start a campfire, order some pizza and just sit and chill. Great times. Sometimes we would just wrap a sockeye in tin foil and place it on the coals, have some brewskies and then munch away 40 minutes later, hmmm, yummy.

Telte Yet is on the left side on the main road through Hope just before you reach the Fraser River bridge. Hope this helps, take care and have a Great day.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 10:28:18 AM »

Awesome, thanks a lot guys I'll look into seeing if they have space available!

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »

Emory creek just on the other side of Hope has two site one native and the other is provincial the bonus is that they have some awsome sturgeon shore fishinh:)Just got back and in about 8 hours of total fishing landed 8 :)

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 01:21:09 AM »

thats wicked! what bait were you using? and with a bar rig or what?

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 11:07:12 AM »

No rig, just your normal sturgeon setup.I was using oolies which got the only big one but dewies got the rest:)I tried almost everything.I talked a few guys that were fishing by the bar by the provincial park there and they were told because the natives were netting near by that there are a few big boys hanging around :)