Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2011?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.  (Read 256192 times)

clujalolo

Re: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.
« Reply #750 on: September 29, 2011, 08:10:56 PM »

I also agree. I have found the pinks to freeze ok. I cooked one up 2 weeks after I caught it. I found it to be delicious. I didn't get why most were saying it doesn't taste good unless you cook them right away.

you must freeze the fish at i believe -20 or -21 that way it wont become mush keeps the icicles from cutting meat and making it mush, flash freeze it and it'll keep the icicles to a minimum, i had sockeye forzen for over a week and something, defrost it, looked exactly the same as when i caught it (almost, but not mushy like i've had it before.)

hamster

« Reply #751 on: September 29, 2011, 10:35:56 PM »

Kept 3 in total One for me one for my Parents and one for a buddy of mine.

MisterMongz - It was nice chatting with you on the vedder (somewhere between railroad and Peach road  ;) . I always like talking to the locals to learn the ways of the Jedi Master.  ~Hamster (the guy in the yellow/blue jacket).  BTW,  I got no kings but ended up catching my first coho of the season on a blue fox vibrax.   Totally made the trip!

mistermongz

« Reply #752 on: September 29, 2011, 11:24:10 PM »

MisterMongz - It was nice chatting with you on the vedder (somewhere between railroad and Peach road  ;) . I always like talking to the locals to learn the ways of the Jedi Master.  ~Hamster (the guy in the yellow/blue jacket).  BTW,  I got no kings but ended up catching my first coho of the season on a blue fox vibrax.   Totally made the trip!
Ya it was nice talking to ya. Nice u got ur self a coho i havent yet, hopefully soon.
Fish on!!!