Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Under the Alex Fraser Bridge on the south side? Sunbury Cedar Bar? been there?  (Read 3798 times)

fetoid

Has anybody fished under the Alex Fraser Bridge on the south side of the Fraser River?  One book I have calls it Sunbury Cedar Bar.  Somebody told me that to get to it you now have to cross some RR tracks and/or go through a hole in a chain linked fence. 
I haven't been there but would like to hear any reports of fishing there over the  past year or two.
Thoughts?

mykisscrazy

When I first moved to Delta a number of years ago. Thought the same, so I walked Cougar Canyon Creek down to where it enters the Fraser.
Not very peaceful, but maybe peace and quiet is not what you are looking for when you fish....

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Fished it for pinks a few years back. Good spot but watch where you park.

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter

Had some success there for the pinks.  Not quite, but it sure smells good!
- John A.

Dr. Backlash

i fished there lots a number of years ago, you can catch sturgeon, pinks and the odd coho there, I think i've seen the odd chinook taken there, but when the pinks are running you need to get there early as all the spots to fish from get taken.  BUT, i don't think you'll be able to fish there for the foreseeable future because the SFPR is being built right down there and they've blocked off all access and it says "No Tresspassing"