Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Wrap And More  (Read 2065 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Wrap And More
« on: July 23, 2011, 06:12:41 PM »

We had perfect weather today for the Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Society's second river cleanup for 2011.

I got out for a little fishing before hand but di not the action like I had the day before. I took a bag of garbage off a log jam before I left to pick up the donuts that are donanted by Chilliwack Tim Horton. George is always so good in donating the refreshments since we first started the CVRCS in 2002. Thanks also to Rodney and this web site as it has brought a lot of volunteers to around the 34 different cleanups ewe have held since 2002. During that time our volunteers have taken around 65 tonnes off the system from the Chilliwack River Hatchery to below the freeway bridge.  ;D

Registration was fairly busy today at the registration table as Don and Lew checked in 67 volunteers. Dave and Phil were up at the Chillwack Fish and Game for a second registration location and had 17 people check in there.

A number of people were at the cleanup from this web site and they had a good time discussing, over donuts and coffee their fishing adventures so far this year and their plans for the rest of the summer, if it ever arrives. Dan and Ryan had some good stories to wet the appetite. ;D With the Fraser River again on the rise at Prince George it maybe a difficult season on the Fraser as high water continues. I was talking to a helicopter pilot yesterday and he says he never seen so much snow still on the mountains for this time of year. (getting off topic here)

By around noon the dumpsters were not that full, maybe we are making a difference out there  ;D but with more access points closed lately it does not offer places in our area we clean for uncaring people to dump large amounts garbage.

Plans are now underway for our BC Rivers Day (now also World's River's Day) celebration set for Sunday September 25, mark it on your calender and come celebrate our precious Chilliwack Vedder River that day with displays, a BBQ ,entetainment and free prize draws. It is held at the Chillwack Fish and Game Protective Association's club house on Chilliwack Lake Road.

More details will follow as we get closer to that day. Until then, have a good summer and maybe pick up some garbage as you fish your favorire river system, we can make a difference in protecting our environment by spending a few minutes each time we are out there.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Wrap And More
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 07:11:30 PM »

A big thanks to all you guy's who got out there and did the right thing. Helping to preserve what everyone who appreciates it, is worth saving. I hope to make the next one.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 11:36:08 AM »

Not a lot of garbage in the bins at the Fish and Game when I went up for some pictures this morning, maybe we can go to 2 cleanups a year as things do seem to be getting better. At one time we did 4. On the way up I stopped for a look at the river by the Crossing and found a wallet full of credit cards etc. When I traced the fellow down he did not know he had lost it. :o Needless he was pleased to be getting it back.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 12:50:31 PM »

Not a lot of garbage in the bins at the Fish and Game when I went up for some pictures this morning, maybe we can go to 2 cleanups a year as things do seem to be getting better. At one time we did 4. On the way up I stopped for a look at the river by the Crossing and found a wallet full of credit cards etc. When I traced the fellow down he did not know he had lost it. :o Needless he was pleased to be getting it back.

Well done Chris!

If I ever lose anything I sure hope you are the guy that finds it!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 02:50:24 PM »