Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FREE Provincial Park Parking  (Read 3572 times)

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
FREE Provincial Park Parking
« on: May 03, 2011, 11:00:59 AM »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: FREE Provincial Park Parking
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 11:59:23 AM »

A Provincial election must not be far away.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 12:58:05 PM »

I'll take it anyways.   I will be visiting the parks this year far more then i previously did.  I am cheap and do take parking into consideration.

Sounds more like it is a waste of time to have pay parking anyways.

Clark said parking fees earn about $1 million annually, "although the net was a lot lower than that."

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 01:32:37 PM »

I was hoping that would happen. My pass expired this month.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 05:44:17 PM »

--the fee was mean spirited and philosophical only.
--I bet the net income after collection, enforcement and purchase of meters was even less than reported.
--I'm fairly certain that if someone digs into the fees that were attempted on the forest service rec sites... when they existed... will find that it cost more to collect and enforce than was ever made from the program.
--as to the article indicating that MOE did not meet its mandate I would again say it was government not the ministry that did not meet the mandate..
--each ministry puts a plan together for approval by government so if in fact the mandate was predicted to be met and was not... that is another story and the deputy and others should be held accountable... if however these officials reported they could not achieve the core goals with the resources given then the government should be the ones held accountable.

--This is a good move and I will applaud it without reservation. When government does something right we should let them know.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:28:49 PM »

Safe bet skaha. It definitly cost more to have pay parking at parks. The only thing was one of the brightest and best most overpaid fool sold the idea to some loser politicians that it was the way to go. Most of the original pay parking machines were targeted by the same people that break into your car when you park at same lots. It's that hate to admit it was a stupid idea mentality that kept them there so long. Money that should of went looking after the parks got diverted to someone's vanity.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 09:37:18 PM »

Now if Gregor Robertson will get off his bike and get rid of the pay parking at Stanley Park.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 10:13:50 PM »

Now if Gregor Robertson will get off his bike and get rid of the pay parking at Stanley Park.

No kidding- My old boys rugby team has our clubhouse and field at Brockton Oval- It's at least $10 parkingfor practice and a pop afterwards and I still seem to be out of time before I leave.

LOL - I must be psychic or we're equally cynical. That was the first thought that crossed my mind when I heard it on the radio this afternoon.
http://

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 08:32:59 AM »

Anybody who has a pass may be able to get a refund.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/fees/parking.html

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 02:21:30 PM »

I think Christy said she was going to do away with this before she became Premier....

It was part of her "family first" strategy when she campaigned for the leadership of the BC Liberals.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 07:00:23 PM »

I think Christy said she was going to do away with this before she became Premier....

It was part of her "family first" strategy when she campaigned for the leadership of the BC Liberals.

Families First - (For Fleecing.) Gordon Campbell in panty hose and lipstick.
http://