Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Douglas Lake Ranch in the News  (Read 2045 times)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Douglas Lake Ranch in the News
« on: April 30, 2011, 10:57:01 PM »

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Anglers+American+owner+huge+ranch+near+Merritt+wrangle+over+lake+access/4704912/story.html

The people up at Widgeon Slough do this too :(   There's a private gate blocking a PUBLIC access road.

dennyman

• Old Timer
Re: Douglas Lake Ranch in the News
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 01:02:01 AM »

This is a delicate situation. I am sure at one time it was a public road. But how long has it been since the government maintained it? Secondly, sure I like to have faith in people but as soon as that gate is unlocked there will be yahoos who will vandalize ranch property, throw garbage all over the place, and maybe even cause a large grass fire.  So I can see why Douglas Lake Ranch controls access to the property. What makes more sense is for the government to enter into a lease agreement with the ranch for the use of the road. That way the government gets some cash flowing into their pocket and the ranch controls who is on its property. There will be those who will be unhappy, but you can't please everybody.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 07:34:34 AM »

There will be those who will be unhappy, but you can't please everybody.

....so true.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 08:00:13 AM »

The only answer I have to that "Bumbering"lets get out and do it!
Riverman