Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sensitive stomach? Don't read this  (Read 5377 times)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Sensitive stomach? Don't read this
« on: April 28, 2011, 02:56:32 PM »

The public trough. Even when you're fired, the gravy continues from our pockets- I wanna see someone defend this

Richard Davis   ministerial assistant   ministry of forests, mines and lands   $31,183.00

Cathy Armstrong   administrative coordinator   ministry of agriculture   $33,810.00

Christine Willows   administrative coordinator   ministry of natural resource operations   $51,033.00

June Philips   executive assistant   ministry of social development   $72,994.00

Michael Harrison   ministerial assistant   ministry of tourism, trade and investment   $75,698.00

Dale Steeves   director of communications   office of the premier   $108,193.00

Paul Taylor   chief of staff   office of the premier   $113,995.00

Jeff Hanman   deputy chief of staff, policy coordination and issues management   office of the premier   $117,930.00

Lara Dauphinee   deputy chief of staff and executive assistant to the premier   office of the premier   $192,886.00

Ron Norman   head   public affairs bureau   $323,917.00

Lesley du Toit   deputy minister   ministry of children and family development   $337,413.00

Martyn Brown   deputy minister   ministry of tourism, trade and investment   $416,191.00

Allan Seckel   deputy minister to the premier, cabinet secretary   office of the premier   $549,776.00
http://

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Sensitive stomach? Don't read this
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 03:09:22 PM »

Those are all management positions in government. Over the last few years the buyouts and going away presents have become obscene. They make the argument that if there job was in the private sector they would get those perks. The people who hire them say we have to pay like that to "get the best". The got the best alright. All way around. Usually those positions are staffed using "ism". Favortism, Cronyism and nepotism.

http://www.scu.edu/ethics/practicing/focusareas/government_ethics/introduction/cronyism.html#q1
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »

Lara Dauphinee   deputy chief of staff and executive assistant to the premier   office of the premier   $192,886.00

Gordo's squeeze pulled down $130K per year as his executive assistant - typically a clerical position.

All these clowns got 18 months severance.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 12:22:11 PM »

Instead of whining about it, why don't you apply for a similar position?

It's government, and sadly, that's the way it works.
Here, abroad, everywhere. ::)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 05:53:12 AM »

Instead of whining about it, why don't you apply for a similar position?

It's government, and sadly, that's the way it works.
Here, abroad, everywhere. ::)

Well by golly- I phoned Victoria yesterday- darned if I didn't get the deputy Premier's job.$300,000 plus a year, half a million more when I get fired.Not to mention more perks than you can shake a stick at! I'm glad I took your advice! (Sorry, sarcasm button is stuck in the ON position ;))

NOT

It only works that way as long as we sit back and allow it to happen.Gotta keep shining light on that area to keep those cockroaches scurrying because this is gotten beyond stupid. That's MY money and YOURS these leeches suck out of our pockets and it's got to stop. The average working stiff will put in 10 years to get what these silverfish get for being fired. The politics of greed and the recipients need to realize they're OUR employees and this kind of bull$%it is unacceptable. Time to put a stop to this.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 09:09:01 AM »

Some people are from other parts of the world where this is so common they can't see anything wrong with corruption. Just have to educate them to how a society should treat everyone fairly. :-\

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 01:06:28 PM »

Just curious, what make you think they deserve less than corporate counterparts?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 04:29:37 PM »

Just curious, what make you think they deserve less than corporate counterparts?

I think because they are called "public servants" people assume they should be working for minimum wage.

The fact that the "public servants" have equal or greater responsibilities than their corporate counterparts is apparently irrelevant!   ???  ::)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

buzzbomb

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 05:08:15 PM »

When the average worker is lucky to get a month's pay if they get the axe I think the 'golden handshake' (or golden handjob!) is excessive for public servants because we're still recovering from an economic recession.  Making sure a few executives feel great about getting fired doesn't do much for reducing the debt.
5% Alc./Vol.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 06:12:25 PM »

Governments need to give contracts that pay salaries and severances comparable to a corporate environment or they wouldn't get the talent required to do the job .

Compare it to professional hockey.........    If a team doesn't pay a competitive dollar for a player some other team will hire them. If that player that the team signed a contract with doesn't perform to expectations, the team is still responsible for their contract even if they sit them out on the bench. Whether the team or the individual performs well is irrelevant.

The contract must be honored.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 08:10:42 PM »

Governments need to give contracts that pay salaries and severances comparable to a corporate environment or they wouldn't get the talent required to do the job .

There in lies the rub. How do you measure the performance and who is qualified to mearure it. What are the standards? Asessment  is really tricky yes no. Performance evaluation is only as good as the instument that evaluates it.

buzzbomb

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 10:03:45 PM »

There's an ad on tv in Sask by emerg workers pointing out that emt's are spread too thin and underpaid while some health district ceo's are making $400k +.  It brings out the red in me.  I don't think a lot of suits are worth their wage no matter what the market says and we're getting the shaft twice over when an incoming party cleans house to employ their creditors and we're forced to pay the ridiculous severance packages.  I realize performance guarantees like we have in the trades aren't workable ......... crap Nashville wins game 2.  Oh well.  Good game anyway - can't take much away from Rinne.   When we hire these execs how do we know we're getting stars in the first place? 
5% Alc./Vol.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 05:56:50 AM »

Compare it to professional hockey.........    If a team doesn't pay a competitive dollar for a player some other team will hire them. If that player that the team signed a contract with doesn't perform to expectations, the team is still responsible for their contract even if they sit them out on the bench. Whether the team or the individual performs well is irrelevant.

The contract must be honored.

Codswallop. Are the same payouts offered to Joe Public Servant when he gets fired? NO. But it's good for the elite. Lesley DeToit was considered incompetent , to put it nicely, yet she got $337,000 AND $2000 a month(living expenses PLUS her bloated salary) during her reign of incompetence. Yeah AF - we need to reward incompetent fools with our gold. Why is there 2 sets of rules?