Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: John Duncan, Randy Kamp & Gary Lunn - No Friends of Anglers here...  (Read 5659 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: John Duncan, Randy Kamp & Gary Lunn - No Friends of Anglers here...
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 11:15:33 AM »

Why not provide full disclosure Nog, and indicate which party each of these candidates represent?

Promising what you want, while a great way to garner votes, is just a promise...... unless your candidate's party forms government.

Voters should always consider the ability of a candidate to deliver on their promises......    before casting a vote based on a single issue. ::)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 11:51:57 AM »

Why not provide full disclosure Nog, and indicate which party each of these candidates represent?

Just ran it as it appeared in the article.

Promising what you want, while a great way to garner votes, is just a promise...... unless your candidate's party forms government.

Voters should always consider the ability of a candidate to deliver on their promises......    before casting a vote based on a single issue. ::)

Yup, politico's will promise damn near anything to realize their re-election ambitions - to be swiftly forgotten the instant they have attained that. That is a given in all political arenas in this Country.

However at this point the focus is not so much on what the "opposition" may or may not "promise" in terms of resolution, but MUCH more so on the behavior of those who have well indicated that their Personal Agendas are FAR more important to them than the concerns of the voting public.

The real issue is the privatization of the resource. Gleefully handing over defacto "Ownership" of a Common Property Resource, with noted intent to expand this same model to most other marine species is the thrust of the matter. Compounding the situation is the fact that DFO allows illegal licensing schemes to dominate the quota allocation, resulting in the vast majority of that to be held by Fish Brokers, Speculators if you will, who do not even fish. And even further compounding the issue was Shea's "solution" to even further advance said privatization by "allowing" the Recreational Sector to "purchase access" from those same absentee Fish Brokers.

All in all a VERY problematic situation, and a VERY Dangerous precedence. Those MP's who actively lobbied against any suggestion of positive change did so despite repeated requests from their voting supporters to reconsider that position. And in ignoring those requests, they very much informed those same voters just how much their opinions mattered when weighed against their own Private Agendas.

Sad it has come to this. It was entirely avoidable. I very much wish the Conservatives had paid attention when the opportunity to do so was presented to them. And I do find it difficult personally to be aligning myself against a few of their Candidates now, as I am supportive of the Party in the majority of other areas and issues.

This matter is significant to a great many on our Coast. The sheer arrogance of those tasked with "representing our views" is exactly what made it so. When they simply won't listen, and act in the exact opposite direction of one's desires, what other option for holding them accountable exists?

I may be holding my nose when I vote this time. However I fully recognize that it will be short term, and that by their own actions they have forced my (and many others) hand in this matter. If they refuse to act in accordance with the majority's desires, it is that same majority who will let them know that doing so was, and is, INTOLERABLE.

Cheers,
Nog

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 02:12:45 AM »

guess who im voting for in van isle north...lol...holmes*

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 07:29:56 AM »

guess who im voting for in van isle north...lol...holmes*

Congrats on that big decision! 

When you reach the polling booth you won't find his picture or his name on the ballot.......    ;D  :D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 01:31:10 PM »

ya good one AF, always so insightful  ::) ,  thanks for settin me straight as i thought harpers name would be on there ::) ....holmes*

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 01:40:56 PM »

ya good one AF, always so insightful  ::) ,  thanks for settin me straight as i thought harpers name would be on there ::) ....holmes*

I'm always happy to set an NDP'er straight....   ;D

holmes

• photobucket.com
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 03:02:08 PM »

im not an ndp'er just for the record, i'm voting ndp as that's who has the best chance to oust duncan, nothin more nothin less, so glad you could set me straight, phew, i just dont know what i would have done or how i could even go on living if you werent there to save the day, pffffft, as if  ::) ::) .....holmes*