Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone fish Echo Lake?  (Read 10164 times)

1son

Anyone fish Echo Lake?
« on: April 06, 2011, 10:19:56 PM »

Hey there was wondering if anybody's tried fishing Echo Lake by Vernon. Me and some friends just book a nice fishing trip there early June and was just curious to what kinds of baits we should be using because this will be the first time trolling on a boat for any of us any kind of info would be very helpful thanx.

Ohh yeah these are the known fish in that lake

Rainbow trout
Lake trout
Gerard Rainbow
Kokanee

capman

Re: Anyone fish Echo Lake?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 03:04:25 AM »

We spent first week of June last year at the resort fly fishing. It is a pretty lake but gets deep fast and to be ohnest fly fishing did not produce as much as we expected >:(. There are some big fish and even lakers there and if you troll deep with some hardware you have a better chance of reaching to them. If you staying at the resort, you can even fish right in the bay and in the evening you can have some fun dry fly fish for them. Hope you have fun there.

brownmancheng

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 01:45:53 PM »

Let us know how you fare up there. I am heading up to Vernon  Canada day weekend and wanted to hit a lake while I was there

1son

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 08:56:02 PM »

We spent first week of June last year at the resort fly fishing. It is a pretty lake but gets deep fast and to be ohnest fly fishing did not produce as much as we expected >:(. There are some big fish and even lakers there and if you troll deep with some hardware you have a better chance of reaching to them. If you staying at the resort, you can even fish right in the bay and in the evening you can have some fun dry fly fish for them. Hope you have fun there.

yeah we are gonna be staying 3 nights there with boats and strictly trolling just not sure what to use for lures,bait,line and rigging because I've never trolled deep waters before

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 01:49:08 PM »

there is a product out on the market  "TROUT BAITRIX SPECIAL" i have heard good things about this product and am awaiting on trying it out for myself. i know steveston marine has stock of this product... here is the link for the product= http://baitrix.com/fishing-products/rigged-and-ready-whole-baits/
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

Butch1949

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 04:44:30 PM »

1son, fished Echo Lake 2 years ago, beautiful lake and there are some big Gerards in there, but you want to be there early or late, dead of summer and they are on the bottom and no motors, but electric, resort owner's are very helpful and have a real nice place.
"I don't catch fish"

1son

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 06:32:09 PM »

1son, fished Echo Lake 2 years ago, beautiful lake and there are some big Gerards in there, but you want to be there early or late, dead of summer and they are on the bottom and no motors, but electric, resort owner's are very helpful and have a real nice place.

Thanx for the heads up looking forward to this trip can't wait anymore just wanna go relax on the water and be free

there is a product out on the market  "TROUT BAITRIX SPECIAL" i have heard good things about this product and am awaiting on trying it out for myself. i know steveston marine has stock of this product... here is the link for the product= http://baitrix.com/fishing-products/rigged-and-ready-whole-baits/

I will look into it willing to give anything a try because we got ourselves a nice little pot going lol thanx

poper

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 09:55:09 AM »

I was there last week of may,and fishing was pretty good on chronminds we got a couple big fish,and you can have up to a 9.9hp on your boat.

brownmancheng

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »

Does anyone have any suggestions for a peice of water to hit if I was In the Vernon area late June early July??

ChakaRaka

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 10:56:27 PM »

Does anyone have any suggestions for a peice of water to hit if I was In the Vernon area late June early July??

It really depends on the weather.  That early in the summer you may be okay at some of the lower lying lakes.  But if it gets hot, then you will want to check out the higher elevations (if you have a vehicle that can handle the terrain).  I have lived in the area for about a year now and still find myself roaming all over.  There are just so many lakes to choose from in this area, so it is tough.  I find we are always running all over the place trying a new spot; but we do not have one that has become a fave.  We have been to Echo a few times with little success although it is a nice spot.  You might want to check back a little while before you come to Vernon and see what is best or suggested then.

Also, hi everyone, I am new here and hate empty lame "greeting" threads, so I thought I would wait until I had something to say.   ;D

brownmancheng

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 02:03:24 PM »

Thanks chakaraka and welcome to the forum there is a wealth of knowledge on this website. I will check back closer to my trip formsome guidance thanks a bunch

1son

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 02:50:42 PM »

welcome aboard ChakaRaka very helpful site u will find all the knowledge u need cheers ;D

ChakaRaka

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 11:36:09 PM »

Thanks for the welcome guys, but I was trying to avoid jacking this thread...  I have actually been on a few times in the past, but do not have enough time to be that active, finally bit the bullet (or would that be hook) and joined.