Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: was given a ticket  (Read 29453 times)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
Re: was given a ticket
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2011, 11:38:21 PM »

Ah, but you would still need a specific citation for the court to request in the subpoena (the name of your friend who got the charge dropped perhaps?). However, you would probably need more than one to establish a breach of policy.  If you produce five cases where people were given tickets for not providing a license that were later dropped when the license was faxed in (and I would doubt you would have 5 specific cases to subpoena), but DFO then produces documentation of hundreds of tickets that were upheld even when proof of a ticket was provided later, then you have really not established unfair treatment on your part, as you were treated the same as the majority of the cases.  It was the 5 other cases where the policy was breached.  This is what I mean when I say that you cannot really expect to be left off the hook just because someone else was.  If an officer is in a good mood, or perhaps is just lazy and not interested in doing the paperwork, and lets you off the hook with a warning, you cannot use that to say it is policy to let everyone off the hook with a warning.  DFO may, however, go back and discipline those officers that had breached the policy and caused you to be such a thorn in their side.

once a standard is set,  it's very difficult to deviate from it...it doesn't matter if a thousand tickets were issued, if there's a record of any of them being retracted, it opens the door for a defense depending on circumstances and the criminal history of the defendant.

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2011, 09:09:15 AM »

suck it up ...you got caught for making a mistake and not properly checking all your gear before fishing.

pay the fine and learn the lesson, if you get off you have learned nothing other than you don't really need to take your licence with you at all times.

I can't believe this subject has warranted 6 pages of responces

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2011, 11:16:44 AM »

I can't believe this subject has warranted 6 pages of responces

nothing wrong with a healthy and civil debate...might even help some people in the future.

brownmancheng

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2011, 08:47:39 PM »

nothing wrong with a healthy and civil debate...might even help some people in the future.

Lol yes I learned if I get a ticket don't come on here and whine

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2011, 10:19:46 PM »

Lol yes I learned if I get a ticket don't come on here and whine

better yet, don't do anything stupid to get a ticket.  ;)

Fish Slayer

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2011, 09:46:45 AM »

This thread shows who needs to get out and go fishing the most. To the OP you got a ticket for not be able to produce a license, not for not having bought a license. Be a man pay the fine you are guilty of. To all the losers who are making up lies to get out of fines you are the reason why the justice system is so plugged up and back logged. You all clearly put your own greed and money before your ethics or morals. It's GREAT to hear that CO's are out there doing their jobs catching those who are breaking the law. As an angler in BC it is your responsibility to know the regs for the body of water which you choose to fish. CHECK THE REGS BEFORE YOU GO OUT!!!

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2011, 07:58:38 AM »

Have been following this thread since day one and feel the need to comment.The resulting interest in this and the ensuing scrutiny of the process could not be bought for any money.I see this as an ex cellant thing for the fish.As for me I will try my best to be a follower at all times of the regs.If I should slip up inadvertently in future I will take my lumps.The regs are there for all of us and without them the type of chaos we see from time to time on our waters would be norm not the exception.
Riverman

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »

Well, as much as it sucks pay the fine.  Of course it sucks!!  But you broke the law, technically.  Just think of your money as a "donation".

John
- John A.

buzzbomb

« Reply #83 on: June 04, 2011, 01:01:17 AM »

It must of been 30 years ago I bought a license and discussed this issue with the vendor.  He warned me to carry it always and avoid the ticket.  I mentioned that in Saskatchewan most COs would give you a chance to bring your license into a regional office if you'd forgotten it at home, much like the mounties do for drivers licenses, and if you were issued a 'failure to produce' ticket the CO would be a special case.  The vendor said 'I think you'll find they're all pretty special around here.'  Ever since then I just assumed BC wardens were really strict about it.  I just keep all that stuff in my wallet all the time anyway and don't remove them until the next year goes in or the season ends.
5% Alc./Vol.

HARLEY

• flyfishing
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2011, 05:48:27 AM »

BIG DEAL

[/quote]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:16:35 AM by HARLEY »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2011, 07:54:29 AM »

Tha is just great coming from the PERFECT PERSON that never lies,speeds,never takes more than fifteen minutes for coffee etc. BULL BOLOGNA Fight it--you will win for sure. I would not give those JERKS anything. They don`t even have a job they have a position. Have you ever seen the cops using CELL Phones while driving. The laws are meant to be for everone. Tell them to go to outer space. Don`t worry about it.

Sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do....   Many of us that have experienced dangerous drivers that threatened our families lives, have been stolen from, and have watched poachers and polluters destroy our environment. As a result we have learned to appreciate our law enforcement officers! We have also grown increasingly angry with the disrespect shown to these fine folks who are the foundations of our relatively orderly society.

I have found over the years that attitudes like yours are found in people that have had run ins with the law and because of their disrespect for the law have experienced the push back of the enforcement officers. I would suggest that more than 90% of the population has no negative feeling at all to law enforcement and like myself appreciate the sacrifices they make in fulfilling their duties.

I'm not being critical of you, just suggesting you have some growing up you need to do.

Edit: Just noticed your signature that says you are retired.....   Can't believe someone 60 plus has the attitude toward law enforcement that a teenager might have!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:15:46 AM by alwaysfishn »
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2011, 09:11:40 AM »

Sounds like you have a lot of growing up to do....   Many of us that have experienced dangerous drivers that threatened our families lives, have been stolen from, and have watched poachers and polluters destroy our environment. As a result we have learned to appreciate our law enforcement officers! We have also grown increasingly angry with the disrespect shown to these fine folks who are the foundations of our relatively orderly society.

I have found over the years that attitudes like yours are found in people that have had run ins with the law and because of their disrespect for the law have experienced the push back of the enforcement officers. I would suggest that more than 90% of the population has no negative feeling at all to law enforcement and like myself appreciate the sacrifices they make in fulfilling their duties.

I'm not being critical of you, just suggesting you have some growing up you need to do.

Edit: Just noticed your signature that says you are retired.....   Can't believe someone 60 plus has the attitude toward law enforcement that a teenager might have!

Couldn't agree more.  I don't know why people have the audacity to whine and complain about the state of the fishery, and then say he should fight the ticket.  Keep in mind, when all is said and done,  it will cost the ministry MUCH more than hundred-something bucks you were fined.  So for all those that say "spend it on fishing gear"...don't.  Pay the money, have a goofy story to tell your friends as to why you gotta have your licence ON YOU at all times, and get over it.

J
- John A.

StillAqua

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2011, 09:36:11 AM »

Amen brother....I'm tird of all the law enforcement bashing.

noobfisher

« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2011, 08:18:49 PM »

Amen brother....I'm tird of all the law enforcement bashing.

Couldn't agree with you more .... well said  ;D

MIKE1

« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2011, 06:09:46 PM »

Couldn't agree with you more .... well said  ;D

I agree. We have laws for a reason.

FYI/Best bet:

I laminate my licence and keep it in my smaller travel box folded into two and then ironed so its nice and flat. Its about the same as an an envelop and if it gets wet or gear rubs against it or tugs at it its still fine. When I catch a fish that I have to mark, I just peel back plastic write on it and reseal it with an iron.