Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aquilini's charged for Alouette pump  (Read 2945 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Aquilini's charged for Alouette pump
« on: March 08, 2011, 07:02:40 PM »

It took them long enough to do it.
And yes this is the Aquilini that owns the Canucks  >:(

http://www.bclocalnews.com/tri_city_maple_ridge/mapleridgenews/news/117615598.html
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:25:53 PM by Geff_t »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
Re: Aquilini's charged for Alouette pump
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 07:12:06 AM »

About blooming time - Hope they get nailed with the maximum fine for their inappropriate actions. They should also be forced to remove the pipe and prevented from applying for another water license for the next 5+ years.  Maybe this will teach them that they are not 'above' the law.

However I not going to hold my breath for either as it took two years just to prove they were guilty. Should have been quite simple to prove...

- Approved Water license - nope.
- Unapproved pipe - yep.
- Unapproved water intake from local river without proper authorization - yep.

GUILTY!  ;D
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 09:52:26 AM »

Saw this thing last summer when a buddy and I canoed up the North Allouette.  First time for both of us on that river and the water was crystal clear, cold and very pretty...UNTIL we got to that side channel and decided to explore it.  In the summertime it was a stinky, shallow cesspool filled with red algae and that picture in the article is flattering.

brownmancheng

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 11:11:30 AM »

Very sad indeed. Have they determined what caused the fish to die? No doubt it is related to their actions, just curious if they feltentitled to extract water maybe there was some sort of dumping or contamination?

wonder

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 09:02:15 PM »

so glad they finally did something about it, ive been fishing the alouette since i was old enuf to carry a rod, and my dad for years before that was, we both called the city and dfo and rapp a few times about this