Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Important Angler Access Meetings  (Read 2385 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Important Angler Access Meetings
« on: February 16, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »

Since these meeting dates are buried in the related thread, and as the issue has now well expanded beyond halibut, I believe they should receive a little more exposure...

Pitt Meadows Town Hall Meeting
Feb 21, (Monday), 7pm
Meadow Gardens Golf Club
19675 Meadow Gardens Way

Related Media Release: http://www.scribd.com/full/48847562?access_key=key-55tfan4lqxj0057ucmr

Kitimat Town Hall Meeting
Feb 27 (Sunday), 2pm
Kitimat Rod & Gun Club

More details on their own site: http://fightforhalibut.wordpress.com/

Given Minister Shea's decision to increase the level of privatization of OUR resources (now expanding into several other marine fisheries) and FORCE Anglers to purchase access rights from commercial "owners", this matter is of even greater importance! Do we really wish to see all marine fisheries become privatized and angling opportunities become an activity for only the wealthy??

To quote the words of one enlightened commercial fisherman's response to yesterday's announcement:

I know I'm a commercial fisherman but I still consider myself an avid sports fisherman as well, and enjoy my time with a rod in hand, so I say to all you sporty's of every caliber, look into the future and see what will happen if you fall for this trap set by this commy politician and friends, you'll be sorry for the rest of time, your children and their children will all be screwed when it comes to catching halibut............period!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT simply halibut any more Folks! This is very much a "test case" which will establish precedence with regard to ALL salt-water species. Even now there are plans being developed that will directly curb the recreational sector's access to prawns and crabs. Salmon are next on the "Hit List" and WILL include your access in the fresh-water!

This is a deeply troubling and dangerous direction DFO has chosen to follow. If we do not stand up against the selling off of our resources and the subsequent requirement for all anglers to have to purchase access from those it has been sold/gifted to, we will soon see the sun set on what to now we have simply taken for granted. DFO obviously wants us gone. Are YOU ready to cave into that departure?

ATTEND these meetings Folks! YOURS, your Kids' and your Grandchildrens' future fisheries are now directly On The Line!

Nog

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
Re: Important Angler Access Meetings
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 02:28:45 PM »

Rather important issues here Folks. We lose this one we will see the ramifications carried over into one heck of a lot of our favorite pastime. I for one simply cannot stomach the idea of PAYING a commercial interest for both access and whatever I may be lucky enough to catch!!

Hope many of you feel the same. These meetings will help if you do!

Regards,
Matt

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 08:18:21 PM »

Heading there myself with a friend in tow.
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 03:46:33 PM »

I will be there

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Bill

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 05:33:23 PM »

I will be there as well.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 03:39:35 PM »

Pitt Meadows / Maple Ridge Meeting TONIGHT Folks!

Not a better forum to become enlightened on this issue, First Hand!

i hope and trust some of you will be there!!

Cheers,
Nog