Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano Poacher  (Read 5345 times)

nickredway

• Old Timer
Capilano Poacher
« on: February 02, 2011, 08:38:54 PM »

Just a reminder that Steelhead retention is closed on the Capilano. Met a none fishing English chap today who said he saw a guy who had killed a big Steelhead doe yesterday. Myself and I'm sure any other regulars who read this will be keeping our eyes peeled and phoning in if we see anything.

Cheers
Nick

nickredway

• Old Timer
Re: Capilano Poacher
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 09:48:55 PM »

Had second thoughts about posting this but at least there will be a few more watchful eyes about. The odds on a CO coming across this kind of thing are probably about zero.

Fish Slayer

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 12:16:27 PM »

If anything I am more upset about how that damn has wiped out the true wild steelhead/salmon runs on the cap. Steelhead with an adipose on the cap aren't even considered wild fish anymore, they're considered unmarked fish as they have come from hatchery fish at one point in their genetic cycle.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 07:46:33 PM »

I'm assuming this was at Cable Pool?

steelie-slayer

• catch and release
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 10:49:25 PM »

could have been a really late coho you never know, seen chrome hoes come out of the vedder and chalias in the end of january before.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

Nitroholic

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 12:16:22 AM »

could have been a really late coho you never know, seen chrome hoes come out of the vedder and chalias in the end of january before.

It's called the Chehalis

TheChumWhisperer

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 01:34:36 PM »

Definitely not a coho.  If you read the original post, the poacher knew it was a Steelhead, as he told the local it was a Steelhead.  I was fishing my favorite spot in the Canyon last week and I saw some fish guts tossed around on the rocks.  It looked like sperm sacks from two different fish.  Just a reminder to the locals who still fish the Cap, keep an eye out for Poachers.  I haven't heard of any fish caught over the past month, this years run is non-existant....

JRTMACD

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 09:58:22 PM »

as if the cap river fishery wasn't devastated enough we now have to contend with some jerk ball killing a steelhead from the river. I find it incredible that this level of stupidity goes unpunished. God help the bastard I catch killing a steelhead on the cap.