Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alexandra Morton to run for NDP?  (Read 12710 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: Alexandra Morton to run for NDP?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 11:26:27 AM »

Not very nice when 95% of your "friends" are telling you to go jump off a bridge....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2011, 11:58:41 AM »

Not very nice when 95% of your "friends" are telling you to go jump off a bridge....
--Often Friends aren't the best sounding board.... many may want to encourage you rather than hold up the mirror for the emperor to see his/her new cloths.

--I would say take a hard look at your current sphere of influence on issues related to salmon... what will you be giving up as an MP.
--If you believe NDP already has a sound policy what would be the point of joining... If you believe the NDP policy is flawed how would you best influence change... remember old tradition out of date (my opinion) caucus rules? If caucus decides on an issue and evokes closure...you're sunk as far as giving public opinion.

--sometimes best advice comes from outside your sphere of influence..you have to conscider, if you run... how are you going to win support from current supporters of John Duncan.. as important as keeping current NDP supporters.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:03:22 PM by skaha »

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2011, 03:54:07 PM »

Call me stupid, but I really don't understand what you're trying to say here.

He trying to discredit your first-hand knowledge with third-hand BS.
Pro-fishfarm people will say anything to try to discredit real information.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »

...you have to consider, if you run... how are you going to win support from current supporters of John Duncan.. as important as keeping current NDP supporters.

Unless John Duncan changes his tune regarding the halibut issue, methinks his days as an MLA are seriously numbered. He managed a win with less than 2,400 votes last go-around. This time around he has Peed Off many more than that, and a great many of those in his own riding. Ominous Silence thus far...

Rest of the post is good. I would caution Alex to seriously consider what she might be getting in to.

Cheers,
Nog

StillAqua

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2011, 05:45:42 PM »

If Fin Donnelly can do it for the NDP, why not Alex?
http://www.findonnelly.ca/biography

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 07:40:29 PM »

My note to Alex after hearing her on the CBC show Ideas tonight. Try to catch it as it is on CBC at 9 tonight or on the computer from CBC Alberta at 8 our time.

Hi Alex,

I just listened to your one hour interview on the CBC from Toronto, it was wonderful and I gained so much more knowledge as well as further insight into the wild salmon, fish farm topic.  It is too bad some bureaucrats from FOC, many government politicians and too many from the public do not understand like you do the importance of wild salmon to our world.

We that treasure our wild salmon for the well being of our planet now and into the future can not thank you enough for all your work the last number of years in getting your important message out. Hopefully this interview, that will reach thousands will help further in educating many that have not understood or paid attention to what wild salmon mean to us as well as the whole ecosystem.

Kindest regards,

Chris