Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: STOP PEBBLE MINE WIN A RISE FLY ROD AND A GUIDED TRIP  (Read 1488 times)

Fonda Fishing

STOP PEBBLE MINE WIN A RISE FLY ROD AND A GUIDED TRIP
« on: January 06, 2011, 12:23:06 PM »

Title pretty much says it all, but here is the rest:

One of our last wild frontiers is at risk of destruction. Alaska’s Bristol Bay watershed, home to the world’s largest population of sockeye salmon is facing its greatest challenge. Britain’s Anglo American is planning to dig one of the largest mines, Pebble Mine, in the nexus of this pristine ecosystem. The danger lies in the faulty plan to hold back the toxic waste water with an earthen dam, built over shifting tectonic plates (Earthquake zone!). 60 miles of pristine river, holding millions of salmon would be adversely affected. If we let this project proceed then we risk loosing a renewable resource that we cannot afford to part with.There is a great effort going on to protest this potential disaster.

Please join in the crusade to put an end to Pebble Mine.
Winner will win a Rise fly rod of their choice and get to choose ANY fly fishing guide that they want to fish with for a day. We will pick up the charter fee for a full day fishing.( not exceeding 650.00). Of course, the guide you choose will have their own schedule and you will have to work out all the details with them! just let us know when you have booked the trip and we will arrange the payment. (reminder some guides are booked well in advance and some guides only book week long trips, etc.) all in all we are trying to make it easier for you to enjoy a great days fishing!

https://risefishing.com/contest

Fonda Fishing

Re: STOP PEBBLE MINE WIN A RISE FLY ROD AND A GUIDED TRIP
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 10:33:42 PM »

well, with 127 views of this thread, i hope that means that at least some of you signed the petition...

if you're not a fly fisher, i would be happy to accept any prize on your behalf  ;)