Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bare Breathable waders "vedder"  (Read 12104 times)

fishman1

Bare Breathable waders "vedder"
« on: December 25, 2010, 02:03:05 PM »

Any one got these waders?  How are they? was thinking of getting a pair.  I think they are 269 or 299 at Wholesale sports.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Nitroholic

Re: Bare Breathable waders "vedder"
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 02:09:36 PM »

$239 at berrys

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 09:22:31 PM »

Im not that familiar with the vedder waders but from experiance with the bare blackwater 2s.Bare make IMHO the best breathable waders so im sure those are good to.i would check to make sure they r doubled stitched (2 layers) knee down.

The vedders are 3 layers from just above the knee down. These are the bottom end breathables that bare makes in their new line up of waders. These ones do not come in king or long sizes but the next ones up, the Adams do as does their top of the line ones "the gold".  All of the new models  now have the seams no longer running down the inside of the legs which should help with wearing out the seams. I am waiting for the Gold to come in which have 5 layer construction from about half way up the back all the way down and also comes with a water tight zipper down the front.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

fishman1

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 09:37:46 AM »

Thanks for the info.  Anything better?  Considering I don't want to break the bank.

redside1

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 12:09:13 PM »

just make sure the fit of the waders you purchase is right. Top quality waders don't last as long as bottom end or middle of the raoad priced waders if the fit is wrong. I would be more concerned that the waders fit yuou right than brand name. Most breathable waders, no matter if they are Redington, Caddis, Bare, Frogg Toggs, Patagonia, Dan Baileys, Simms, etc will not last long if the fit is not right.  So did I mention fit counts a lot?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2010, 02:09:48 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Anything better?  Considering I don't want to break the bank.

I say just go out and try on different types of waders as they all fit differently. Like redside1 said the fit makes a huge difference in how long they last.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 12:25:58 AM »

just make sure the fit of the waders you purchase is right. Top quality waders don't last as long as bottom end or middle of the raoad priced waders if the fit is wrong. I would be more concerned that the waders fit yuou right than brand name. Most breathable waders, no matter if they are Redington, Caddis, Bare, Frogg Toggs, Patagonia, Dan Baileys, Simms, etc will not last long if the fit is not right.  So did I mention fit counts a lot?

Define fitting right.  Mine fit great, but i noticed the inner leg seams rub and i bet thats where they wear out.  I bought mine so I had the ability to kneel down without tugging any seams.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 08:47:57 AM »

imo, you want lots of room in the legs and crotch area as you tend to bend or kneel down alot, so if there isn't a lot of room there then it will be harder on the seams, it's almost as if you want to buy your waders a size bigger

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 09:41:45 AM »

Define fitting right.  Mine fit great, but i noticed the inner leg seams rub and i bet thats where they wear out.  I bought mine so I had the ability to kneel down without tugging any seams.

You are correct.
If they are rubbing they will wear a hole there.
My cheapy waders did but i wasnt too worried as they were only $65.00 off of ebay. ;D

speycaster

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 06:34:27 PM »

Ride a horse more and you will not wear out the inside seam. ;D

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 10:08:31 AM »

Speycaster used to be 6 ft 9 but all them years of riding a horse has changed things. ;D

ribolovac02

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 03:15:59 PM »

If you are willing to pay the dollar,i think Simms are by far the best waders on the market,even the lower end ones will outlast any other brand,from all the people that i know that have tried few diferent brands everyone is back to simms and swear by it.
I would defentaly agree with the above that fit plays a huge part,when i purchased mine money was not the issue but g3 I belive  at the time were the top of the line but dint fit me in any way,bought the cheaper ones and still have them going into season four,some aguaseal had to be used on litlle holes but none of the major seams have leaked yet,and i bushwack a "LOT" ;D

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 06:11:02 PM »

If you are willing to pay the dollar,i think Simms are by far the best waders on the market,even the lower end ones will outlast any other brand,from all the people that i know that have tried few diferent brands everyone is back to simms and swear by it.
I would defentaly agree with the above that fit plays a huge part,when i purchased mine money was not the issue but g3 I belive  at the time were the top of the line but dint fit me in any way,bought the cheaper ones and still have them going into season four,some aguaseal had to be used on litlle holes but none of the major seams have leaked yet,and i bushwack a "LOT" ;D

Although I agree that the Simms {high end}waders are one ofthe best out there, there's no way the lower end ones will out perform my Bare Blackwater 2 waders. IMO there just as good as any out there, but half the price, and I also bushwhack a lot.  ;)

Thrasher

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 10:11:40 PM »

I would have to agree go with the Simms. Get what you pay for and their warranty is top notch!