Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: an affordable vet?  (Read 17655 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: an affordable vet?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »

I think you have made the right choice, for you and for your dog... but it doesn't matter what anyone here says or thinks anyways... the dog is your responsibility and ultimately the decision is yours.

It's always hard to put down a pet.  :'(

Bang on Marmot. I have been there and done that; always a tough decision to euthanize a pet.  NiceFish, I would have done the same.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 06:16:48 PM »

From my experience it is often the non dog owners who are the biggest complainers. If you think you did the right thing for your dog then all is good.

dmoney

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 06:44:07 PM »

We may have to take the easy way out here as much as we may not want to it may be for the best.

That's a horrible decision to have to make, whether your dog is 1 or 18, and I sympathise with you. Personally, I wouldn't put down my dog, especially if I considered him/her a member of the family, (which I do, with my own pets) if it was even in part due to a few thousand $$$ of treatments. Owning pets is a big responsibility, it's a time committment and a financial committment. With respect, I feel you did as you said above, take the easy way out, as painful as that was.

Sorry you had to go through that, it's always tough.

D$

oni_kage

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 08:27:40 PM »

careful, things like TPO for hip displaysia are NOT covered under pet insurance.  Ask me how I know.  ::)

Nicefish, you have my condolensces.  I hope to never have to walk in your shoes.

Trupanion covers Hip Dysplasia for an a bit more every month. For instance if you enroll a bullmastiff it costs $42 bux a month with $1000 dollar deductable and $66 for a $500 deductable. Both including the optional hip dysplasia covereage and they have NO PAYOUT limit per claim.

I am not sure what TPO is tho. I have a small dog and I have used insurance a few times, that is why I suggest it.