Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Impose a maximum leader length.  (Read 15298 times)

Fish Slayer

Re: Impose a maximum leader length.
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2010, 08:25:01 PM »

Yes doja I did read your first post where you posted "Now I don't floss much anymore as I enjoy knowing that they bite and I do fairly well, but the odd time when it is called for I'll also floss. I won't however floss unless there is a decent sized run and most likely I'll be keeping the fish and usually it is a last resort as conditions may be difficult for what ever the reason." so no you didn't say "very few times" you will floss but you said you will floss when you see fit. Basically if the water is too clear, colored or high, if the fish are spooked and turned off or if you just can't entice a biting fish it's then ok for you to snag away. All your expertise of snagging/flossing yet you "rarely" do it , if anything you're the one spouting BS. Any flosser who kills a flossed fish IS a poacher as that fish was snagged. Any fish which is flossed is snagged as it did not bite the hook intentionally. The joke of a study conducted on the fraser sockeye snaggery is a poor example of how snagging fish is fine. There is no evidence of these fish fully making it to spawn and finish their life cycle. I suppose a higher survival rate in the ocean wouldn't create a larger return to the hatchery and more to make it past the snaggers. The ocean is in the start of a cooling cycle however I'm sure you were aware of that already. Why do you want snagging only areas on the river? You typed already your trophy case of a deep freezer is already full of coho, what is the need for so many fish?