Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bison vs grizzly bear  (Read 4004 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: Bison vs grizzly bear
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 04:47:47 PM »

Nature in the raw..... 

Great story.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

wizard

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 05:07:31 PM »

amazing how that sequence was caught on camera.  like af said, nature at it's raw....
what I can't figure out is why rangers put the bison down?!?!?  it's NATURE!  animals get hurt and die every day, why would a human interfere and end it's life unnaturally, unnecesarily.  hopefully the bison was left in the woods so that many other animals could've fed off it and benefited from it. I don't agree with putting the animal down AT ALL, leave it for nature to take care of. 
what do you guys think?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 05:23:04 PM »

If humans were not aware of it then the buffalo would have likely died on it's own. However as a human I could not see that and do nothing about it.

The bison was suffering, the CO's just put a stop to the suffering.  I'm sure the carcass would have been left for the other animals to feed on.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[