Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Raider boats  (Read 4436 times)

Robbie

Raider boats
« on: October 26, 2010, 06:25:27 PM »

Anybody have any information on Raider boats?  I checked their website and found little information apart from basic stats.  They appear very similar to Hewescraft and Alumaweld and all the other welded aluminum's but they seem to be cheaper.  Any info would be appreciated :)

arimaBOATER

Re: Raider boats
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 10:23:14 PM »

Yes doesn't that bug ya like it does me !!!  A boat builder should have a great website with lots of vids of their boats on the water & in various types of water conditions etc... thus a potential buyer can get some sort of idea on how a boat performs etc...boat websites generally need improvement.
Hopefully someone will give ya some info on the Raider Boats which are made from aluminum.

If ya want a super website about aluminum boat builders in your search engine type in: aluminumalloyboats.com  
 On that webpage stroll down & click on: Manufacturer/sponsor list.  
 Next page click on: Alloy Boats Builders-Master List(with links)
Scroll down that page & there are all the alum. boat builders in the USA Canada Austrailia New Zealand etc... Canada lists 25 builders.

tuffboat.com in Wa. State builds their boats like a military tank.  Mainly I think for commercial use. Their smallest is a 21fter.

Local BC builders which are interesting are www.wolfboat.com & Silver Streak both on Vancouver Island. These two builders also have models in the 18ft range with HT & side windows... & longer in lenght.  Wolf boats do make them that size even though their webpage doesn't say so.

One hobby of mine is to study power boats & thus know of these sites. Studied for countless hrs & have a general info
In the fiberglass check out Seabreeze Boats Newfoundland Canada (Do they ever have a nice 19ft WT or cuddy model.  Super nice hull. ) Italo on the tv fishing show"Canadian Sportsfishing" TSN or WFN ch.... owns one & he's a happy camper. Or Campion Double Eagle Hourston Malibou (built in BC) etc....honorable mention Arima Boats.
But that site I gave ya has tons of info & forums about aluminum boats.  Enough info to make your "head spin" :o decisions decisions... ???
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:25:18 PM by arimaBOATER »

Robbie

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 05:51:43 AM »

Thanks for the reply:)  This http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/2021933943.html seems like a crazy cheap deal.  Comparable welded aluminum's would be at least another 3-4k more dough.  Maybe I'll make a drive to Portland ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 11:13:23 PM »

Great boat if everything "checks out" meaning if everything is in ok shape. Looks to be a 17 fter...there abouts.
Remember you are gambling when ya buy a used boat ...no matter what yr it is.
For the 6 yrs that this boat has been around...ya have to ask yourself...was it used ALOT & outboard maintained well (always a possiblity the boat has few hrs & was treated well by the owner.)
Our boat has been on the water ALOT but it has gotten washed off & outboard flushed EVERYTIME.
Also how was the boat stored ??? Left outside in the rain & snow & maybe also tied up to the dock at some marina ...OR kept nicely in a carport.
The price looks good BUT demand a test drive so ya can see how the boat & engine handles & runs.
If everything seems ok ...it's a buyer's market so play your cards right & try to get it at $1500 less at least than what they are asking in this case.
Remember your also taking a risk so don't be shy to get the price dropped . ;)
If ya miss out on this on ..be patient as there are alot of good used boats in the fall & winter months.