Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Baked coho with dill  (Read 6465 times)

Matt

• Old Timer
Baked coho with dill
« on: October 25, 2010, 02:56:18 PM »

While I like experimenting and seldom cook fish the same way twice in a row, I often find myself going back to my favorite coho recipe.  This also works with other species of salmon, but my favorite is coho.

Ingredients:
coho fillets, pin bones removed
mayonnaise
dried dill
lemon, sliced thin

Preheat oven to 400F.  Blend together dill and mayonnaise in a bowl.  Lay fillets in a lightly greased casserole pan, and coat the meat-side of the fillet with the dill mayonnaise mix, a couple mm thick will suffice.  Place lemon slices on top of fillet, and cook for 12-20min depending on thickness of fillet.  the fish is done when the flesh is opaque and flakes when poked with a fork.  Do not overcook, although the mayonnaise keeps the fish pretty safe from drying out.  Remove fish from pan with spatulla once cooked and poor grease into a gravy boat.  Add a squeeze of lemon to grease to make something like lemon butter.

Goes well with potatoes, rice, asparagus, light beer or white wine.

Dill can be substituted for any sort of seasoning (ie greek, cajun etc) or even brown sugar if you've got a sweet tooth.  I've heard you can replace the lemon slices with pineapple on the brown sugar variant.  

Blackrt03

Re: Baked coho with dill
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 05:55:10 PM »

Same recipe but no mayo I add fresh dill with onion,galic,parsley,salt,pepper,slice lemon with alittle white wine. Bake at 450 wrap in tin foil

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 03:18:30 PM »

If you cut the mayo with Sour Cream (50-50 split) it turns out really good too.

JTReed

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 03:34:17 PM »

50/50 cut with sour cream is great. add half a lemon to half cup of mayo half cup sour cream. now we are talking.

FishOn36

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 10:16:25 PM »

I just made this with a fillet of spring salmon, and I gotta say it came out great.....even though a went a bit a thick on the mayo layer  ;D I've been looking for quick and simple salmon recipes and this has gotta be one of the best I've found so far. I'll be trying this with the 50/50 sour cream split next with a fillet of coho.

Thanks for sharing this!