Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: For bently and others in regards to fish from different rivers or lakes  (Read 7192 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: For bently and others in regards to fish from different rivers or lakes
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 08:32:46 PM »

Am I the only one that's confused ? You have Freshwater Regulations Synopsis, supplements or Lord knows what else/

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 10:34:50 PM »

And you did state that DFO will be issuing tickets which is very unlikely on fresh water flows. And you did state that salmon regulations are only found on the dfo fishing website which is not true as we are talking about freshwater fishing and the regulations fall under that and the suppliment.

I see DFO on fresh water flows far more then the CO's and I know for a fact that DFO issued more then 2000 tickets last year on the stave. The CO's are dealing with far more calls about problem bears and hunters then a guy poaching on the river.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 11:06:26 PM »

. And you did state that salmon regulations are only found on the dfo fishing website which is not true as we are talking about freshwater fishing and the regulations fall under that and the suppliment.

We were talking about fishing for chum in fresh water, which was obvious from the start doja. So to find the salmon fishing regs, {in fresh water ::) ::) you must go to either a DFO office or visit the web site {www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish}where you will find the Freshwater Salmon Supplement. I don't see what was " So Incorrect" as you put it. It says this on page 4 of the Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis Your getting to big for your britches doja, quit now, while one foot is still on the ground. ::)

doja

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 06:42:51 AM »

We were talking about fishing for chum in fresh water, which was obvious from the start doja. So to find the salmon fishing regs, {in fresh water ::) ::) you must go to either a DFO office or visit the web site {www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish}where you will find the Freshwater Salmon Supplement. I don't see what was " So Incorrect" as you put it. It says this on page 4 of the Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis Your getting to big for your britches doja, quit now, while one foot is still on the ground. ::)

Umm, on page 4 that you refernece it says;

"Please note that when fresh waters are
closed to fishing or have gear restrictions
outlined in this Synopsis, the regulations
apply to fishing for salmon as well as for
non-salmon species."

Ok, the suppliment;

"This information is intended as a supplement to the B.C. Freshwater Fishing Regulations Synopsis. Only freshwater (non-tidal) salmon species information is available here. For all other Region-based information, including other freshwater species, bait bans, gear restrictions, detailed maps, etc., please consult the Synopsis. It is your responsibility to know the regulations."

Therefor they both must be consulted. You stated that you do not check the freshwater regulations and only the salmon supplement.

Your own words to start; "As far as salmon regulations are concerned, they are not in the Synopsis,you have to go to the DFO website" That is an incorrect statement. Gear restrictions, boundrys, and closers are in the synopsis that regulate salmon as well as freshwater species. The supplement mainly pertains to what you may retain and specific salmon closers/regulations. It also includes handling of catch too.

Now, as far as DFO on the stave.... I may have put my foot in my mouth a bit there, although not entirely (I never said they don't, just unlikely)... Now being that fisheries has a boat launch that they regularly use there (stave) it only makes sense that DFO would use it and while there they will do some enforcement before heading out onto the Fraser.

I also never mentioned the stave in any post, just freshwater flows and lakes in which most will probably be done by CO's. I know a few local flows that have been paid a visit by them(CO's) recently.

You also said that DFO will be writing the tickets... not entirely correct... CO's will also in addition to park rangers, RCMP, and other officers of the law.

The note/cautioning in the freshwater regulations may be an issue to CO's but is less sensitive to DFO. Therefor a DFO advise may be different than that of a CO. Just saying.

I see DFO on fresh water flows far more then the CO's and I know for a fact that DFO issued more then 2000 tickets last year on the stave. The CO's are dealing with far more calls about problem bears and hunters then a guy poaching on the river.

May I ask what other rivers you have seen them on?

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 07:38:42 AM »

Give it up would ya, your trying to act like your the gods gift to fishing regs or something. Your doing the same thing as you did  in that post about"no fishing for chum/ no retention of chum" or what ever it was called. I think you stated there I won or some childish comment. for your information, this is not a contest to see who can sound like they know more than the next guy, sheesh ::) ::) ::). Quit trying to act like a $#@&%$# hero, your boring me and everyone else.

The regulations for salmon fishing in freshwater are not included in this Synopsis This is a quote from page 4 doja, and I never stated that I did not check the freshwater regulations,only the salmon supplement We weren't talking about gear restrictions, maps, bait bans yada, yada, yada so that too is B.S

I said DFO would be writing the ticket, because that's who I saw there, and they weren't in their boat doja, they were in their TRUCK parked beside the bridge. If you think I mean DFO is the only people writing tickets, give your head a shake.

I've seen DFO, ya DFO on lots of the lower mainland flows over the years, Your still wet behind the ears I guess, maybe in another 20 yrs you can B.S with the big boys, instead of acting like one for now.

The last thing i need if for someone to go through my posts, and dissect them for their imperfections, like your doing, your obviously not qualified to do so. :D   I suggest you cool down on the know it all attitude, or your gonna be very lonely on here.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 11:02:13 AM »

People, go fishing.