Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chum Retention Question  (Read 6031 times)

NiceFish

• Old Timer
Re: Chum Retention Question
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 07:02:57 PM »

could have used one today on the stave, literally weights with hooks....

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
Re: Chum Retention Question
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 08:26:17 PM »

Quote from Bently "This is a sticky situation, I want to do this, being the last chance, but don't want to break any laws," Yes it is legal but as said you would have to prove it to a CO if questioned. Is it that important to get 4 chum because it's the last chance? Why not just harvest 2 and give the fish a break since DFO is closing chum because of the lack of fish. BTW IMO dennymans post "My two cents,  we whine about direction from DFO and when they decide to close retention on a fishery that has plummeted this year, we discuss methods to get around it.  My answer to fishermen is to not harvest a chum this year. Give this fishery a chance to rebuild since the numbers are so dismal." is not a hijack, it does belong here.

Well you obviously can't read then. My thread was a question wanting answers, NOT OPINIONS, do you know the difference ??If you don't or won't reply with some knowledge on the thread TOPIC, I suggest you go elsewhere.

One more thing, I did not retain any salmon this year, except for one jack coho, and 2 chum. No sockeyes by the dozens like most people did, no chinnook, no adult coho, so if I want 4 chum for a grand total of 7 total salmon for the year, I will. Savvy