Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010 Fraser River chum salmon reg. changes  (Read 8364 times)

doja

Re: 2010 Fraser River chum salmon reg. changes
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2010, 10:01:19 PM »

YA I won. ;D ;D ;D

Of course the above is a joke. ;)

Every year I see people rip spawning (not staging) salmon while fishing (usually foul hooking) and it is a sad sight. Clearly they are targeting chum, or in last years case pinks, that were far gone and spawning and should be left alone.

It is easy to accuse someone of fishing for a particular fish, especially when you can see them. I see this sight fishing go on all the time. It would be unfortunate if the chum have to go threw this this year if the numbers are in fact low. Enforcement would be good to see this year.

I'd think most people have little to worry about though. Most people are fishing for coho and springs, sure you will hook a chum now and then,duh. But some fish for chum.... But not this year according to MOE/DFO.

I still can't believe that some of you think that if it says no fishing for chum and you fish for chum you are not breaking the rules. ::)

Again, you know your intent...

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: 2010 Fraser River chum salmon reg. changes
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 12:44:27 PM »

To have a better understanding on why these closures are taking place, here is a graphical comparison of historic average and this year's test fishing result.