Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost bunch of keys  (Read 5892 times)

fish_on

Lost bunch of keys
« on: October 10, 2010, 02:21:05 PM »

Hi there,

Has anyone by chance, yesterday October 9 between 12pm to 5pm, picked up a bunch of keys at the Tamihi rapids stretch (Chilliwack Lake Rd side)?

Thanks in advance.

fish_on

Re: Lost bunch of keys
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 11:40:16 AM »

Any of your fisher friends found a set of keys, please let me know.

thanks again.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 01:32:09 PM »

Purchase a TB Vet key tag. The finder just has to drop it off at the closest Canada Post box and TB Vets will forward it to your house. I lost a set of keys on the Vedder several years ago. Thought I was hooped. Much to my surprise, someone found it and dropped it off at the Canada Post box and it was returned to me.

fish_on

Re: Lost bunch of keys - A Kind Deed
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 10:12:37 PM »

Fish Assassin, thanks that's a very good suggestion.

I wanted to share my episode here. On October 9, I lost the bunch of keys t the riverside - including my truck key/remote of course!. So I was locked out standing in my waders, boots, vest, rod & reel and the nice size clean Coho. Phoned BCAA at 5.49pm, gave the dispatcher a detailed information and exactly where I was. The dispatcher said it will be within the hour the tow truck will arrive. Phoned again at 7.26pm, another dispatcher told me it will be 10 minutes and thanked me for being patience. I told the dispatcher it's getting very dark with no street lamps. At that time only two other vehicles left by the roadside. At about 7.30pm, I saw two chaps walked to their car parked nearby behind my truck. So I walked up to them and told the gentleman, as he was changing, what had happened; and as it was getting rather dark, I asked him if he can stay around as bcaa rescue is on the way. He did and we chatted and introduced each other. His name is Kirk.

Now almost 2 hours went by, the tow truck hadn't arrived yet. I phoned again at 7.42pm, this time Kirk wanted me to ask the dispatcher where exactly is the driver? She told me that the driver is about 10 minutes away. At this time, Kirk's son wanted to go home. So I told Kirk he can go, this was about 7.45pm, but I was quite scare! as there might be bears. The place was very dark and raining lightly with now only the occasional car passing by.  Kirk voluntarily asked for my cell number so he can phone me when he sees the tow truck heading my way. In about ten minutes Kirk called saying that he sees the tow truck heading my way.

I want to send my appreciation to Kirk for being the gentleman that he is doing a praiseworthy act. Lets reciprocate this kind action when you see a fellow angler in need or in trouble.

Thank you again Kirk and God bless.

RK

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 07:55:39 AM »

Hi there,

Has anyone by chance, yesterday October 9 between 12pm to 5pm, picked up a bunch of keys at the Tamihi rapids stretch (Chilliwack Lake Rd side)?

Thanks in advance.
Was there a toyota key on the ring? If so sounds like someone from a different forum found them

fish_on

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 11:13:12 PM »

Not Toyota, mine was Ford. Thanks though. Rodney has already emailed me this am.

tx

eddy

• Sea Lice? What Sea Lice?
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 02:26:33 PM »

The Toyota keys were found down river from the Vedder Crossing, about half way between Peach Road and the crossing.
Eddy