Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PAL?  (Read 4526 times)

rhino

• Old Timer
PAL?
« on: October 05, 2010, 02:45:32 PM »

Hello,

I want to see about getting my PAL as my friends has invited me to his hunting lodge in ontario near the manitoba border. The date is for Oct 31st. Does this give me enough time to write the test and get the PAL. I heard that there may be people here in Vancouver that actually provide a 2 or 3 hr training course and allow me to challenge the test right after. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: PAL?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 02:58:44 PM »

It usually takes about 6 weeks after you have completed the course and passed the test before you will get your PAL. If you are a BC resident it may also take a while to apply for a hunting license in Ontario as every province has their own rules for resident and non-resident hunters. Probably there are no rules against going with your friend as long as you don't handle a gun......  :)

Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 09:09:52 PM »

It usually takes about 6 weeks after you have completed the course and passed the test before you will get your PAL. If you are a BC resident it may also take a while to apply for a hunting license in Ontario as every province has their own rules for resident and non-resident hunters. Probably there are no rules against going with your friend as long as you don't handle a gun......  :)

I would think he could handle a gun IF he is accompanied by a person holding a valid PAL that is supervising
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 09:36:52 PM »

thank you for you info.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 08:40:25 AM »

I would think he could handle a gun IF he is accompanied by a person holding a valid PAL that is supervising

You are probably correct, as long as he doesn't shoot anything.....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[