Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: If ya could fish ANYWHERE IN BC or the World... all expenses paid; where ???  (Read 10662 times)

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
Re: If ya could fish ANYWHERE IN BC or the World... all expenses paid; where ???
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 10:54:27 PM »

Staying on Tiger Wood's yacht {without Tiger ;D} on the Forgotten Coast, fishing Tarpon on the fly , with my wife and Jack Nicklaus as my fishing partners.

koko

Re: If ya could fish ANYWHERE IN BC or the World... all expenses paid; where ???
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 11:43:10 PM »

Grand slam in Belize, bone fish, tarpon, permit. Done it before but would be really nice is free.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 11:52:45 PM by koko »

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 11:54:12 PM »

Where I fish during the summer, Port Renfrew especially in the early morning when the sun is coming up or in the eveining when it is going down..  How do you beat that?  ;D

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »

I forgot to mention,  Alice Arm!   Want to go back one day!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 11:49:04 AM »

WOW Great responses.
Responses included local BC locations & far far north & other places in the world.
Mind ya had to "ha" at some of the answers.
One thing about fishing is it is so varied...type of fishing method , fish being targeted, location...but when it's in your blood it is very addictive...
Not a really serious fisherman BUT could become one easily esp. if one experiences the places some of you(s) mentioned.
Noticed one response had "fishing" along with the free booze & food" lodging...messages ...well I did say expenses paid (free) so that's a really good answer...might have a bit of a hang-over & put on 5-6 lbs though !!! Like the sunny topical areas mentioned...nice to get a tan while your at it.

Wonder though how big & plentyful the fish are in Coquitlam Lake though. Might get a fish on evry 15 minutes & possibly some really "big ones"...wonder if the BC Hydro office guys fish it. PERKS OF THE JOB. :)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 11:51:04 AM by arimaBOATER »

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 12:44:36 PM »

Take a drive down to San Diego and hop on one of the long range fishing charters that take you down the Baja Coast to fish for Yellowfin Tuna over 200lbs, Yellowtail, Wahoo, and Dorado.

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 01:48:28 PM »

Belize(where I hope to be upon retirement for Tarpon and Snook.Costa Rica for Tuna.My place at Adams Lake this time of year for trout.
Riverman

koko

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 02:33:34 PM »

Now, get back to work and do something useful.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 12:13:57 PM »

Alaska for nookies and coho on the fly with some trout and grayling tossed in of course (hoping to do before im 40)

Mongolia for Taimen (on my list to do before 50)

Anywhere i can get Tarpon on the fly in the shallows (if i cant do Taimen then this will do LOL)

I am hoping to head to Van Island next year to target coho on the fly in open saltwater  ;D

Oh sh** !! i almost forgot the DEAN river for steelhead mostly but then again i may never leave LOL
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

arimaBOATER

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 03:44:26 PM »

Remember reading up on Belize or seeing a tv show ..??? for get actually but do remember that there are a few rivers entering the salt & the fishing guide warning about crocs or gators ...possibly in the salt not far from the river ...
But I guess as a tourist if ya decide to go out & venture to fish alone get some info where those crocs are......
nothing worse than spin casting from shore or a shallow boat & a croc grabs ya...for a tasty meal.

Never will forget a man & son were on a small bridge (Austraila) where visitors watch the big salt water crocs...staff throw out some meat or chicken to bring the crocs closer...then suddenly a monster sized croc some how jumped 10ft or so out of the water & grabben a man on the foot bridge...the croc swam off with the man in it's mouth...with the poor son watching.....................

Moral from the story....check out where the crocs are in Belize when fishing  ;)

Many places where one goes to fish ...a dream of a life time can become a nightmare quickly.
One of the many people who drowned this year in the local area...one was a man & wife in their 60's who rented a RV & he was on his dream fishing vacation...having a good time TILL he slipped & water got into his hip waders ...then the current of the Chillowack River ...end result he drowned...(found his body under a long)   Safety always 1st then ENJOY your trip !!!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 03:49:02 PM by arimaBOATER »

koko

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 06:33:35 PM »

Thanks for remind to all of us, safety first. No fish is worth to take a chance. It's been a fun topic and dreams.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:35:40 PM by koko »

ae_9

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 06:58:05 PM »

chiliwack

mistermongz

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 03:03:36 AM »

it would definately be in yukon or northwest territories and fly fish for some giant trout and or flyfishing some bone fish and tarpon in the bahamas!!
Fish on!!!

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2010, 11:12:43 AM »

Some interesting responses that would be great experiences. For me personally the exotic species in foriegn countrys wouldn't top my list. I would stay in BC and spend some time at a nice resort at the QCI's topped off with some time steelheading on a skeena tributary. I will do both, just haven't yet.

shakespug

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2010, 11:47:44 AM »

I'd say anywhere that produces consistently with 20# plus size fish  ::)

Honestly, I am still quite new to the whole fishing game and I don't floss or snag.