Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing the Brunette River  (Read 14034 times)

fisher man

Re: Fishing the Brunette River
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 07:13:05 PM »

No worries i won't be fishing the Brunette river anytime soon.Funny you brought this topic up because lately if been driving home from work via the freeway and as i pass the river  i think "that looks fishey".

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 07:51:06 PM »

That's quite the statement (and insult). Do you have anything to back it up other than the geographic proximity of the Brunette to your house?

not meant as an insult to Elmer, but he's not the only one that knows that river.
if he was not so set on JUST raising coho and chum that river could be more productive.

kinda sad, all the work everyone else did on that river and when they write a story about it you rareley hear about the others.

I could say more but I dont think I need to explain myself to you Dion.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 10:28:10 PM »

purplehelmet mentioned about chemicals that get dumped in sewers & make it's way into the Brunette R.

Worked at a site right at the mouth of the Brunette R. back in the 70's for 2 yrs.  A sawmill called Lamford Cedar..I think the owner also had a mill near Sooke.
Anyways the mill was built right over the river...logs being pulled up into the mill from the Brunette R.
Also looked at the river just east of the mill & the bottom had like rainbow colors.  At one time a pallet of paint cans must of be dumped into the river (accidently???) Ya could see the cans as well.

When  working as a commercial floorwaxer ,made sure I dumped the janitor bucket that was full of stripper chem/removed old wax/floorsoap etc.... into the toilet.
It takes longer & sure enough some gets spilt so one has to clean the outside of the toilet. Sadly many many floorwaxer crews are dumping full buckets of soap/stripper chem/old wax removed from floors or even new left over sealer or wax right into the sewer drains in the parking lots.  Or they will fill their bucket 3-4 times with fresh water & rinse out their mop heads...then dump water into the parking lot drain. Goes on all the time.  :o
Floor crews are out there late at night & no one is seeing them do this !!!! :o