Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lessons not learned  (Read 1991 times)

bcguy

Lessons not learned
« on: September 06, 2010, 08:17:06 AM »

So after all the stories of fisherman drowning this season this amazed me. Never having seen it before, a friend and myself took a walk down to Scale bar, and I saw a sight that shocked me. The only really accessible good water, had about 20 or 30 guys in waders, some out to their armpits...ON THE FRASER...these guys are NUTS.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Re: Lessons not learned
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:22:41 AM »

Youll see stuff in sockeye mania that you would never see anywhere else.
The Bigger The Better!

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 10:40:08 AM »

So after all the stories of fisherman drowning this season this amazed me. Never having seen it before, a friend and myself took a walk down to Scale bar, and I saw a sight that shocked me. The only really accessible good water, had about 20 or 30 guys in waders, some out to their armpits...ON THE FRASER...these guys are NUTS.

Up to their armpits, with the fish swimming behind them. Dumb !

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 11:17:13 AM »

how was the fishing at scale,its quite normal to wade out but up to armpits sounds silly most are just over the waist when i go.current not bad there.

Blackrt03

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 07:03:28 PM »

Up to their armpits, with the fish swimming behind them. Dumb !

Hahaa good one. When you're in or near water always think about safety and the people around you. They will never learn.