Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: breathables  (Read 1572 times)

scuntor

breathables
« on: September 05, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »

I am looking for breathable wader that will fit and won't break the bank <$200. I need a XL tall or long. I have tried Simms but they only make long in their high end waders (not freestones). Looked online and found Orvis endura to be rated highly but the xl long has an inseam that is only 32-34"?? Not very long. Cableas could have some but I have not read anything good about their brand of waders.
Anyone else had this problem and find some that worked?

marmot

• Old Timer
Re: breathables
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 11:56:53 AM »

for that budget I'd be looking for some used Simms waders, with a few leaks in the material but still decent condition.  You'll get a couple of seasons out of them after you repair them, at least.  I have a pair that are about 7 or 8 years old that have been repaired about 4 times, some of the leaks have been substantial, all from abuse. 

You are going to have a very hard time finding a good quality new breathable at that price.

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 01:16:18 PM »

Cabelas has the Simms rivershed on sale right now for $200.  I own a pair of the Cabelas brand G2 waders and previously went through w pairs of their bluestream waders that cost only $80 but the seams were not made well.  Fortunately Cabelas brand waders have a lifetime warranty!  So they were replaced for free and the last time I paid the differemce to upgrade.  I have had the G2s for about one season of frequent use with no problems.

scuntor

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 02:23:48 PM »

If those riversheds would fit I would order them right now. That is a good buy! Simms only makes long sizes starting at the G3.
Leaning toward Cabelas Guide tech. Judging by reviews it sounds like they fit tall guys fairly well. Tough to find waders that fit when you are 6'7" 250lbs...but easy if I were 5'7" 250. They will be better that the XXXL Protac neoprenes that I am forced to wear normally!!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 02:32:52 PM by scuntor »

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 04:20:48 PM »

I got a pair of Medium-Long reddingtons. Never Used still in box. They are too long for me, and need to get rid of them. (model CPX) They got lots of storage pockets, which I like.
The Bigger The Better!

scuntor

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »

thanks big fisher. would be way too small for me though.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 05:55:53 PM »

Take the T out of Morton.